Why patch a game anyway?

by Enarie

Original Post

Why patch a game anyway?

★ Novice

I reinstalled Dragon Age Inquisition and guess what - it doesn't work. Even though I used to play it all the time but after I installed all the patches it wouldn't start.

Now I'm trying to make ME Andromeda work because it also doesn't work. Of course it doesn't! Patches are specifically made to * up games. Or it's just the Origin. It's just * up my games... 

And guess what else. I downloaded cracked version of DAI and it works beautifully. So it isn't issue on my end (my PC can handle it) it's the origin's *. I bought four games and two of them cannot be played thanks to origin...

Am I supposed to download cracked games from now on? Or what? When I pay for a game and it doesn't work the official way, do I have to just find it on the internet? Is that it? 

When you are all confused about why are the players raging and pirating your stuff than know this is the reason - because your * doesn't work!

Message 1 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: Why patch a game anyway?

Did you made sure when you reinstalled that the redistributables were checked, too? They are there for a reason.

Make sure that the visual c++ redistributables installed properly (use the repair function).

As a side note, both games are working fine on my end (i am playing them without problems post Origin update and post MEA patch 1.07).

More details would help to identify what is wrong on your side. Like if you get any error code, the behavior of exe when you are starting the games from Origin: does the cloud sync appears? Does the exe even appears in the Windows task manager? And so on.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (168 Views)