Re: Why is my currency in Euros?

by Alex_KmZ

Original Post

Why is my currency in Euros?

★★★ Newbie

I am an Israeli gamer, and I wish to know why am I, and everyone in Israel for that matter, have to pay more money in Euros. Israel isn't part if the European Union, therefore shouldn't abide by the taxes people from the EU are paying. Every digital online store realizes this including Steam, which using the Dollars currency for us. This is probably the main reason I only buy games from Origin only if I have no choice. 

So please answer me, why is my currency in Euros? And if I recall correctly, it wasn't always the case.

Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

Community Manager

@Alex_KmZ Hi,

For those countries where we do not have a local store, we will default to one of our stores in Europe instead, which are based on the Euro currency. This isn't limited to Israel, but applies to many other countries without regional stores too.

While this isn't an explanation to why there isn't its own an Israeli store, but at least it will explain why it re-directs you to pay in Euro.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But you guys realize it is unfair to put different prices?

I mean, you offer me a game in 60 euros which is more than a 60 dollar game and as a non European, why should I pay extra as to not being part of the European Union?

It'll be understandable to sell it for 56 euros which is the rate for 60 dollars. So what is it about making me, a non part of the EU customer pay extra for European currency?

And this is exactly the reason I wouldn't buy things directly from Origin unless I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Message 3 of 3 (229 Views)