Re: Why doesn't EA games unlink accounts (xbox, ps, etc) from deleted EA account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why doesn't EA games unlink accounts (xbox, ps, etc) from deleted EA accounts?

★★★ Novice

I am wondering why EA games doesn't automatically unlink accounts (xbox, ps, etc) from deleted EA accounts.  After talking to EA advisors over chat and phone support, it sounds like they receive a high volume of calls each day from the numerous issues this oversight causes.  Here is a sample use case below of 1 of the many issues this causes: 

"When I try to play Battlefield V on xbox I'm given the message "No Valid EA Account".  When I talked to EA support via chat, they said this is because my xbox is somehow linked to an old EA account that I don't have access to.  I also don't have access to the email address associated to the old EA account since its a 15 year old email address I used as a kid and the account was deleted by google for inactivity and isn't recoverable."

Searching the various EA forums for "Invalid Account", "Unable to link account", etc yields 1000s of results from 2015 up to today with people having unresolvable issues due to this oversight.  There are people who have spent a a lot of money on EA games that are no longer able to play any of their games online (if at all).

EA games, here are two solutions to this problem that I am hoping you will consider:

1. Automatically unlink all xbox/ps/etc accounts from EA accounts that are deleted.

2. Allow users to link their xbox/ps/etc accounts to their new non-deleted EA accounts, regardless of whether or not their xbox/ps/etc account is already linked to an old/deleted EA account.

Thanks for your time, I hope that others will chime in and we can get enough replies for EA to implement a solution for this problem.

Message 1 of 37 (5,642 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why doesn't EA games unlink accounts (xbox, ps, etc) from deleted EA account

Community Manager

Sorry to say @MysticAlpaca1 but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 37 (5,605 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @MysticAlpaca1 but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 37 (5,606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I completely agree with that.

Since deleted account cannot be undeleted, they must automatically unlinked from Xbox and PSN accounts.

It should be automatic without needing to contact support or any other steps from users.

It's just a bug in account delete procedure, I don't understand why EA doesn't just acknowledge it and give an ETA.

This bug just need to be escaladed to dev team that manage EA accounts.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 37 (5,560 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AngryChukhaTrok, if having an issue with your account please speak with our live support team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 37 (5,521 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Darko,

Unfortunately I already tried, they said they cannot unlink Xbox account from deleted EA account. (I don't remember delete the account, I think it was deleted for inactivity).

They also cannot undelete account even if I have still access to e-mail address.

Live support team is always nice but today they seems to haven't the possibility the fix the situation with their current access level.

Thank you,

Message 5 of 37 (5,516 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @AngryChukhaTrok but if our live support team is unable to assist then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 37 (5,501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you Darko, I understand Standard smile

I just hope if there are enough player to post on AHQ, EA team in charge of accounts will see the issue and consider fixing it.
I wish it will be fixed before BF2042 comes out.

Message 7 of 37 (5,444 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to help @AngryChukhaTrok.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 37 (5,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

AGREED!!!!! They keep telling me it was deleted but I never deleted the account. It was probably deleted because this was created 15 years ago and my Xbox account is still linked to this Stone Age account. I also don’t have access to the email that was used to create that EA account. Wish they could just unlink it from the deleted account! No harm in unlinking from an already deleted EA account!! Just saying. 

@MysticAlpaca1 wrote:

I am wondering why EA games doesn't automatically unlink accounts (xbox, ps, etc) from deleted EA accounts.  After talking to EA advisors over chat and phone support, it sounds like they receive a high volume of calls each day from the numerous issues this oversight causes.  Here is a sample use case below of 1 of the many issues this causes: 

"When I try to play Battlefield V on xbox I'm given the message "No Valid EA Account".  When I talked to EA support via chat, they said this is because my xbox is somehow linked to an old EA account that I don't have access to.  I also don't have access to the email address associated to the old EA account since its a 15 year old email address I used as a kid and the account was deleted by google for inactivity and isn't recoverable."

Searching the various EA forums for "Invalid Account", "Unable to link account", etc yields 1000s of results from 2015 up to today with people having unresolvable issues due to this oversight.  There are people who have spent a a lot of money on EA games that are no longer able to play any of their games online (if at all).

EA games, here are two solutions to this problem that I am hoping you will consider:

1. Automatically unlink all xbox/ps/etc accounts from EA accounts that are deleted.

2. Allow users to link their xbox/ps/etc accounts to their new non-deleted EA accounts, regardless of whether or not their xbox/ps/etc account is already linked to an old/deleted EA account.

Thanks for your time, I hope that others will chime in and we can get enough replies for EA to implement a solution for this problem.

Message 9 of 37 (4,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having this issue, but the thing is EA should ping the forgot password and see where it is sent. I have my EA account active and my XBOX account active, but I don´t know to what deleted EA account my xbox account is linked to. 

how can I verify that its me if EA can´t send a push notification or share the email. 

What if the deleted EA account is a hacker that was banned and deleted? this account linked with my xbox account and then got deleted. How can I get help from that?

Message 10 of 37 (3,315 Views)