Re: Why does EA no longer support changing connected platform accounts?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does EA no longer support changing connected platform accounts?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Why does EA no longer support changing connected platform accounts?

I recently started using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

and I noticed that i can use "ea play" at same time when i use "xbox game pass ultimate"

so I tried to link my xbox account to EA account but they said i already have another linked xbox account

I realized that another xbox account is my old account that i used for xbox360 at 2012

but my old xbox account is locked by account protection, and i can't proove because my e-mail changed and i dispose my xbox360 long time ago so i don't know my xbox360  sereal number.

the last verify thing is get code by phone number. but i tried too many time to verify proove my self so my old account temporary locked so i can't try verify thing anymore.

I was stressed about protecting my old account thing and I'm trying to connect to an account I've been using a lot lately.

but EA support team says if you connect your xbox account, EA account permanently belong to that platform account.

but i found some people success to change their linked platform account to another account

so i said this thing to EA support team

and they said the manual has been changed and the linked platform account can no longer be changed.

So I asked him why? and he told me that changing accounts has too many potential threats to hacking.

then if i can proove both accounts are mine?  If so, can't you support the change of the platform account? or delete my old xbox account?

this thing can change my linked xbox account to another one?

or if i make new EA account to link my recent xbox account and persona transfer to my old EA account

is it different? the only difference is i lose all my EA game process if i do transfer my persona to new EA account

why they didn't do simple one? I don't care about my old xbox accounts process but care about my EA account process

I don't want to transfer my account's persona to new one for just change my xbox account.

only thing that I want is change my linked platform account but that stupid permanent link system makes the thing more complicated way.

sorry for my bad english. english is not my mother language and they didn't support my language on answer hq

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @woonplayer97 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (516 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @woonplayer97 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (517 Views)

★ Novice

I contact with my country's EA support team and they said they didn't change platform account(in my case xbox account) to another platform account

because changing platform account has potential of hacking.

they said if you want link your new platform account to EA account

the only way is make a new EA account.

but I want to keep my Apex legends or other EA game process and purchased product.

but as I know they supported platform account change  till ~2020

is it still possible in english country support team?

Message 3 of 6 (506 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't understand why they didn't support chage linked platform account to another platform account not anymore.

because if the reason is potential of hacking thing

they need to check both account's proof

and if both account's are mine
There is no reason not to support change platform account

I already unlink my old xbox account in my profile but it still hiddenly linked.

and officialy they didn't support two account link or changing linked platform account.

but platform account can relink to new EA account. why they didn't support reverse case?

I don't need old xbox's EA game process.

so no problem to losing persona thing but they still didn't support it.

Message 4 of 6 (492 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @woonplayer97 if our live support team was unable to assist then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also wanted to link my ea account to another steam account cause I accidentally linked it to my friends but as you said, the stupid one link per lifetime per platform thing. I was really looking forward to bringing all my cosmetics to my PC for when cross-progression comes out.

Message 6 of 6 (274 Views)