Re: Why do I get a notification about errors when I load The Sims 4?

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do I get a notification about errors when I load The Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

Why does my computer say when I try to play sims 4 it says " Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this is a file is a Mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. " I don't know weather it's to do with my custom content but I can't uninstall the sims 4 because it will remove my packs. Please help me Standard smile 

Please ignore my profile picture, I don't know how to change it yet 

Message 1 of 3 (961 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey, @MrBenBen2018!

Custom Content and Mods can cause issues with the game if they're not compatible with the latest game updates from The Sims team. It's up to the mod and content creators to make sure their creations are updated to the latest version of the game. This is something we normally see happen when new updates come out, so the best thing to do is try disabling all your mods/custom content to see if the game runs normally. If you get an error when you're trying to launch it, I'd remove all the mods/custom content from your game folder and then right-click on the game in Origin>Select Repair to see if that helps.

If you are still having some trouble, you can drag the save files from your game folder to the desktop to preserve them before reinstalling. You'll just need to drag them back into the game folder once the game is reinstalled.

We have a great article explaining how mods and custom content can interfere with game updates, check it out here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

The Sims 4 forums can be found here. Happy Simming!

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (936 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MrBenBen2018 generally when this error pops up it's an easy enough fix. Let's start by repairing The Sims 4 on your system which you can do by opening your My Game Library and then right-clicking on The Sims 4 game tile. From here hit repair and Origin will then check your installed files for any issues and should if find any fix them.

If the issue remains once the repair has finished then the next thing to do is delete any mods you may have installed and then try launching the game again to see if you see the same error.

If the game runs then you can begin adding your mods back in one by one till you find the mod that was causing the issue.

If you continue to see the error then let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (942 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @MrBenBen2018!

Custom Content and Mods can cause issues with the game if they're not compatible with the latest game updates from The Sims team. It's up to the mod and content creators to make sure their creations are updated to the latest version of the game. This is something we normally see happen when new updates come out, so the best thing to do is try disabling all your mods/custom content to see if the game runs normally. If you get an error when you're trying to launch it, I'd remove all the mods/custom content from your game folder and then right-click on the game in Origin>Select Repair to see if that helps.

If you are still having some trouble, you can drag the save files from your game folder to the desktop to preserve them before reinstalling. You'll just need to drag them back into the game folder once the game is reinstalled.

We have a great article explaining how mods and custom content can interfere with game updates, check it out here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

The Sims 4 forums can be found here. Happy Simming!

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 3 (937 Views)