Re: Why did I get into this Answer HQ thing?

by dee15bee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why did I get into this Answer HQ thing?

★★★ Newbie

Why did I get into this Answer HQ thing? I received an email earlier today saying "You earned the Noob badge on Answer HQ". Now I did some research and for this to happen I should've logged onto this website to receive this, but the thing is that I have never been to this website prior to this.

Roughly 20 minutes before I received this email I did assist another player who had some questions regarding fps/server hz on Battlefield 4. This happened in the ingame chat. Now I don't want to sound like a tinfoil hat person(:D), but is there a possibility someone is monitoring the chat logs or some EA employee was playing on the same server and saw the chat?

Message 1 of 3 (3,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @Kaljaministeri,

This usually happens if you select the Forums link in Origin client or select Answers HQ on Help.EA.com (basically any link taking you to Answers HQ from a page where you use your EA account to log in). Even if you do not fully load the page a registration request would be received.

While there may be some crazy ToS (Wink) folks keeping an eye on chat , no one would sign you up for an Answers HQ account.

If you don't mind, I'd recommend that you stick around and jump in - we always have questions that could use answers and discussions to take part in Standard smile

(If you really really really don't want an Answers HQ account, please let me know.)

- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,283 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Kaljaministeri,

This usually happens if you select the Forums link in Origin client or select Answers HQ on Help.EA.com (basically any link taking you to Answers HQ from a page where you use your EA account to log in). Even if you do not fully load the page a registration request would be received.

While there may be some crazy ToS (Wink) folks keeping an eye on chat , no one would sign you up for an Answers HQ account.

If you don't mind, I'd recommend that you stick around and jump in - we always have questions that could use answers and discussions to take part in Standard smile

(If you really really really don't want an Answers HQ account, please let me know.)

- Kristi

Message 2 of 3 (4,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie
do not want
Message 3 of 3 (2,339 Views)