Why cant i play Resident Evil 5

by BusterSandwich

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why cant i play Resident Evil 5

★★★ Newbie

Jesus h christ, first of all, why in the everliving * is the install wizard written in japanese?
it looks  like a god damn virus.

Oh yeah the game dosnt work either, thanks for frauding the 50,- dkk from my wallet.

Message 1 of 4 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why won't Resident Evil 5 run?

Community Manager

@BusterSandwich Hi,

Can you post a DxDiag of your system? Instructions are available below:

Spoiler
1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

Additionally, please look at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

All Replies

Re: Why cant i play Resident Evil 5

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

oh my bad, its 60,- dkk

Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You are asking the player community on an EA-related website about a Capcom game.  We don't get into Seldf-Help for other companies' games here. 

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6182-UOJZ-9750

Message 3 of 4 (258 Views)

Community Manager

@BusterSandwich Hi,

Can you post a DxDiag of your system? Instructions are available below:

Spoiler
1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

Additionally, please look at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)