Re: Why cannot I start an EA help case

by Commander-LZ2

Original Post

Why cannot I start an EA help case

★★ Novice

I've tried Edge, Chrome, Firefox, even IE, but I just can't start any cases. 

When I was requesting a live chat the page told me 'Check the pop-up chat window for the next available EA Advisor.' But NO page was popped up. Also the case number didn't appear in 'My cases'. What's wrong???

Message 1 of 10 (1,867 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @nomoreIove.

Try using a Chrome browser in incognito mode. That normally resolves these issues with our help site. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,813 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't work for me. My chrome version is 79.0.3945.88, the latest.

Also I tried EA help Hong Kong, the email system has the same issue.

I've recorded a video showing this problem, but unfortunately there's something wrong with the uploading system.

Message 3 of 10 (1,775 Views)

Community Manager

@nomoreIove 

Have you tried using Chrome in incognito mode?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,709 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 10 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoI did and since today, both with and without Incognito and since purging my browser cache, I can't even access my so-called "resolved" cases. When I click "Resume" it just returns me to a screen that says:

RECOMMENDED SUPPORT OPTION
Thank you for contacting us. We’d love to troubleshoot your issue and get you back in the game!
​To speed up that process, we need to talk to you on the phone.

OTHER SUPPORT OPTIONS
Get a call
An EA Advisor will call you in about: 16 minutes

-------------

And I know for a fact, that the support reps will direct me to the very same webform... Which I now can't get to display on my screen.

Message 6 of 10 (1,693 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo have u tried making the website work, like every other? Why do we have to install a separate browser and use its separate mode to use your website?
Message 7 of 10 (1,304 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @phoenixrevenant please do not bump multiple threads for the same thing as this is considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,299 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darkothen how about fixing the issue? Gamers come here after they PAID you already and seek support for a product that you (EA) did not produce correctly.

I came here with the same problem, I googled for a solution and found out that the pop-up issue persists since 2018. Twenty eighteen - over 3 years, are you guys serious???

I am in the same loop

1. case #89268545 opened,
  2. I click on request live chat,
  3. I get the message Check the pop-up chat window for the next available EA Advisor
  4. obviously no pop-up comes up
  5. I click on the case link
  6. I click on resume
  7. I can continue the loop from point 2

I cleared browser cache, used Chrome, FF, IE, Edge, on Windows, Android and MAC with or without addons, with or without Incognito. I tried a VPN to Germany, Switzerland and through the TOR network. At that point, sorry @EA_Darko, it seems that the problem is not on our side, but on yours. Suggestions like, try incognito in this specific browser is not a solution.

So may I kindly ask you to check the case and either gimme a ring back or tell me the bulletproof way of contacting support. From my recherche you had over 3 years to fix that issue, even the worst web designers will make it in 3 years.

Thanks,
Alex

Message 9 of 10 (1,195 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NODeeJay I tested it there and was able to create a case without any issue, if the chat is not popping up for you then it means that something on your system or network is blocking it.

The best thing I can recommend is to try on a different device or network.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,187 Views)