Re: Why can I not receive a discount on Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can I not receive a discount on Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy

★★★ Newbie

I had purchased the original Mass Effect Trilogy only months before the newly remastered version came out. I was completely unaware this was coming out and there was no upgrade option given, no discount, no incentive to purchase at full price the same trilogy but remastered. No warning that the remaster was only around the corner. Please consider giving discount to previous purchasers of the same game if it is just a remaster and not another addition in the series. 

Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @austinredmayne,

If that purchase was on Steam, there is a discount available which you can find more about here

That particular discount was only available there, primarily due to the fact that Mass Effect 3 was only put up on Steam a short time before the Legendary Edition was announced.

Just looking over your situation it seems that you had picked up physical copies of the games, so the announcement about the Legendary Edition seems to have come through different channels than you may have seen, sorry that was missed. The Legendary Edition was originally announced back on November 7th 2020 before its May 14th 2021 release and had a number of articles and such since then, but I can definitely see how that may have been a surprise if you had missed out on the coverage.

At this time there aren't any other discounts to speak of but I would just keep an eye on the store page and the Mass Effect Twitter account for any news or announcements.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @austinredmayne,

If that purchase was on Steam, there is a discount available which you can find more about here

That particular discount was only available there, primarily due to the fact that Mass Effect 3 was only put up on Steam a short time before the Legendary Edition was announced.

Just looking over your situation it seems that you had picked up physical copies of the games, so the announcement about the Legendary Edition seems to have come through different channels than you may have seen, sorry that was missed. The Legendary Edition was originally announced back on November 7th 2020 before its May 14th 2021 release and had a number of articles and such since then, but I can definitely see how that may have been a surprise if you had missed out on the coverage.

At this time there aren't any other discounts to speak of but I would just keep an eye on the store page and the Mass Effect Twitter account for any news or announcements.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (222 Views)