Re: Why are EA games starting to get delisted from GOG.com

by Relari0n27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are EA games starting to get delisted from GOG.com

★★★★★ Apprentice

On GOG.com there was an announcement that Ultima Underworld 1&2, Syndicate PLus and Syndicate Wars are going to be delisted on June 28 by Publisher request, many people are upset about this and would like to know why as they prefer DRM free for these classic titles and have no plans to buy them from Origin or Steam,  They are also concerned that EA may pull other games in the future and not release other games like Dead Space 2, Dragon Age II, Mass Effect, the Alice games etc.

Many people do want to buy EA games but they don't want to deal with needing online connections so it is odd why EA would not want to expand there income generation.

Message 1 of 10 (4,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hey all,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (3,921 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Yeah, it sucks to see the delistings. I wish EA wouldn't delist and would let GOG release more EA games on their store.

Message 2 of 10 (4,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've purchased the entirety of EA's game catalogue on GOG and would gladly buy more games if they were sold there.

If any member of EA's marketing staff reads this: please, keep your games on the GOG store because many people (like me) only buy games without any sort of DRM or client software attached. By removing your games from GOG you're alienating future purchases and extra profit.

Thanks for your attention.

Message 3 of 10 (4,008 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade
Message 4 of 10 (3,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also adding my voice. Please bring more games to GOG.com, not less. Many people are eager for any oldies you could potentially bring to the DRM free platform.

Message 5 of 10 (3,868 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Please keep these classic games on GOG. Also, please release more classic EA titles on GOG.com such as Desert Strike and its sequels.
Message 6 of 10 (3,795 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Absolutely support the request for more EA games on GOG! There a so many games I would buy a second time if they would become DRM free available on GOG.

Message 7 of 10 (3,784 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too would love to see more EA titles going DRM-Free, but I doubt it, as most AAA publishers are not out for the gaming enthusiast, but for their shareholders and executive bonuses... I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Message 8 of 10 (3,539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is.  I just bought the remaining EA games that I didn't own on GOG.com, that is 9 games I just bought to show how much DRM-free means to me and I will admit I would buy games I already own on Origin again on GOG for the DRM-free offline installer.  It's money right there on the table.

Message 9 of 10 (3,177 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade A few days ago the games in question returned to GOG. Thank you so much for keeping them DRM-free on GOG. We truly appreciate it!
Here's hoping more EA classics make it to the platform.
Message 10 of 10 (1,956 Views)