Why Is EA Trying To Install Origin On My PC

by cody122450

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why Is EA Trying To Install Origin On My PC

★★★ Newbie

I have never downloaded Origin, nor do I intent to. So why when I booted up my PC did I get a notice that "Origin Installer" was trying to modify files on my PC? I don't know why this happened, virus scans showed up clean and I have not recently downloaded anything. Is EA putting Origin installers on people's PC without their consent, or is there another reason this happened?

Message 1 of 6 (294 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why Is EA Trying To Install Origin On My PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The only time Origin would get installed on your computer is if a) you or somebody using that computer downloaded it specifically or b) you or somebody using your computer installed an EA game (not all EA games do though).

Have you installed/played any EA games on your computer? If so which?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (295 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The only time Origin would get installed on your computer is if a) you or somebody using that computer downloaded it specifically or b) you or somebody using your computer installed an EA game (not all EA games do though).

Have you installed/played any EA games on your computer? If so which?

Message 2 of 6 (296 Views)

EA DICE Team

@cody122450

Hi there,

The situation is basically as @Kenny32673 described it. Do let us know if you figured out the cause Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently got Mirror's Edge, that's the only EA game I recall.

Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

★★★ Guide

It was likely that then. The message you got is the User Account Control in Windows and it likely appeared because Origin tried to update itself (I get the same message every time Origin updates), it wasn't trying to modify any other files on your computer.

Message 5 of 6 (257 Views)

EA DICE Team

@cody122450

Our games currently require Origin to run, so having Mirror's Edge would cause Origin to show.

Thanks for updating us - do let us know if you have any further questions.

Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)