Re: Why Can't I Contact EA for Help???

by MisterJigglyPuff

Original Post

Why Can't I Contact EA for Help???

★★★ Newbie

I've been attempting to contact EA for about 30 minutes now. First, I tried going thru Origin's Help function (that USED TO work). Then I tried Google'ing the phone number. The lattter just referred me to their useless help website (help.ea.com)

Here's why EA's help is useless... see attached pic (if I can successfully attach it and post this)....

Basically, I get to Step 4 in requesting help and find there are no selections. I can choose the back button and that's it. The form is asking me to choose which contact method I'd prefer. Well, I'd prefer to be offered one for starters!

I can't believe EA is so incompetent in so many regards. First, their games are often notoriously buggy on release, 2nd they have a terrible reputation as a sweat shop for their workers, and 3rd now their new help system is absolute **bleep**. I suppose I should not be surprised that at launch it doesn't work. EA should hire more QA people and fewer developers.

Seriously, what is up with the new help site? if you won't allow customers to use any other method to contact you for support, it should friggin work for Pete's sake. I've tried this on 2 diff web browsers, so I know it's not an IE conspiracy.

Message 1 of 30 (29,212 Views)

Hero (Retired)

if your using chrome safari or opera for your  browser try switching IE or firefox

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 2 of 30 (29,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to get a email ticket or a " EA advisor " type that in the "SEARCH" (ea's google feature) on there website....

I just ordered 2-games instead of 1, and when I hit "REFUND" PAGE NOT FOUND" comes up..... 

There isn't ANYWAY to contact them by phone....good luck...

The other way....CALL YOUR credit card company, and tell them to get your money back....

Message 3 of 30 (29,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried with IE and still no seletion for Chat Now. I did chat with a Game Advisor yesterday with chrome.

Message 4 of 30 (29,136 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@King-FlyFly wrote:

I tried with IE and still no seletion for Chat Now. I did chat with a Game Advisor yesterday with chrome.

so i see i went through the hoops too and get as far as back *sighs*

Message 5 of 30 (29,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 6 of 30 (29,128 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok seems to be fixed now i went through the steps and can now see the chat now button

Message 7 of 30 (29,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried that. Tried Chrome and IE. Both cases, I ended up on a form with a "back" button and instructions to hit continue or something (I've forgotten the verbage now)... bottom line.. no workie. No matter what method I tried (even trying to go in via an old help ticket), it failed - stuck on a screen telling me to click a button that didn't exist. 

EA, you are such a piece of dog poo. I have a love-hate relationship with you (mostly the latter).

Message 8 of 30 (29,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Don't you just miss the ability to call a company? Now everything is "we will email you or text you or call you." I don't want to give you my email address or phone number. Just tell me how to call you dang it. I don't want to give out my phone number and then have to wait around wondering when they will call and if that is them calling me now.
Message 9 of 30 (29,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

@rumbutter wrote:

if your using chrome safari or opera for your  browser try switching IE or firefox

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

That doesn't work at all.

First of all, "Android" is not an allowed platform. If I select a different platform just to get through "bug report" isn't an option either. From there no matter what I select and no matter what I type under "tell us a little more" the next page just goes white and I can't proceed any further.

The email address listed in the app settings doesn't work either. It just auto replies telling me to go to that help page which, as I said, doesn't work.

So not only do I have bugs preventing in app purchases, but I have bugs contacting EA. Obviously EA doesn't care about bugs that keeps people from being paying customers.

Message 10 of 30 (28,961 Views)