Whoops the installer encountered an error

by Zathow

Original Post

Re: Whoops the installer encountered an error

★★★ Newbie

i just got that too ugh Frown did you ever find a solution to this problem? for me instead of 3.0 i got 9.0 .

Message 31 of 41 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same. I got error 9.0 with the same message. This has completely broken origin on my PC now. It broke the origin.exe and deleted the origin uninstall exe so now I cannot even delete origin to try and reinstall. When I try to delete all the files in the origin folder it says I don't have permission to delete origin.exe even though I am the system administrator. This is driving me insane.

Message 32 of 41 (2,387 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
hardcore way. exit client
( if you cant uninstall it through normal uninstall procedur
use CCleaner uninstall, and erase it there or use system and delete everything with Origin find the folders and wipe in manuely.

then clean junk files and the use database reapair ti get ride of Origin in the registration database. ( ccleaner use default setting dont fiddle with options you dont know anything about, its a professional tool app )

you might want to reboot pc so windows system use newly fixed registration in the system.

rest is fresh Origin install ( check inclient settings after client is install so right path is made i install my Client on a Game Drev not my OS c: drev )

ps
this is best solution if OS crash, not a problem reinstall OS and client can be executed from game drev and all games is there. ( same solution with my steam games or blizzard Client )
Message 33 of 41 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

problem is that 3,6,9 issue is previous installed content its path is wrong or you try to install client to its default place and its still wrong place from previous content and inclient settings path is also wrong from previous place.

( and be sure harddisk is not full, if downloadcache folder cant expand its workspace and install procedur )

Message 34 of 41 (2,359 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled my virus protection and the problem still consisted

Message 35 of 41 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2020 by now and this issue still pops up. Played a lot of Tropico the last month without any issue. And now all of a sudden: Whoops - the installer encountered an error
Please quit and restart the installation. You'll be up and running in no time.

Message 36 of 41 (1,828 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK FIXED THE ISSUE... HERE IS THE SOLUTION!

1. Make sure you disable your Anti-Virus Software... shields and everything!  Comodo's Sand-Box screws with EVERYTHING!
    A) Make sure your PC is 100% Up to date with Windows!

B) Make sure you disable your SSD Acceleration through (Intel Rapid Storage) Software, IF you have SSD acceleration or RAID-0 configuration! <--- THIS STEP IS SUPER IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE ACCELERATED SSD-CACHE INSTALLED ON YOUR PC. (Origin is not sophisticated enough to recognize a RAID-0 configuration). 

C) Make sure you take snapshots of all your NVIDIA settings before you re-install the driver, so you can save time after the install and get back to GAMING! :D

2. Completely Remove your current Driver from your computer using the NVIDIA's Uninstaller with "SAFE MODE" feature:  [admin edit: link removed].

3. Reboot, then install the GeForce Experience... (You can download and keep this in your downloads to make this process quick),

4. Re-Install the NEWEST driver from NVIDIA through GeForce Experience!

5. Re-Install Origin Client! (Installs Beautifully)

6. Run your cleanup software to make sure your registery is all good... you can use CCleaner for now if you don't have anything else: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

7. Enjoy Yourself! :P

Message 37 of 41 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Zathow Uninstall. Relaunch OriginThinSetup installation from the same driver you about to install to. Make sure to run as Admin(!)

That what worked for me...
Message 38 of 41 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

updating my computer fixed the issue.

Message 39 of 41 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Straatford87
You are amazing !! So thanks . In this forum ,Only you could find a solution to my problem.
Message 40 of 41 (1,161 Views)