Re: Whoops the installer encountered an error

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Whoops the installer encountered an error

★★ Novice

To start off origin said it needed to update, i tried like 10 times before it finally completed, but when that finished it said an error occured and i should restart the update, i did this many times with no success.-

I uninstalled origin and installed the installer only to find that the installer WONT WORK.

" Whoops - the installer encoutered an error - Please quit and restart the installation. you'll be up and going in no time" "help can be found here https://download.dm.origin/live/originsetup.exe"

Error codes 3:0 

I have restarted it, re-installed the installer and it keeps saying the same thing!   Please help me, i cant install origin which means i cant play any of my games, which is quite sad

also the origin download speed sucks... *cough cough*

Message 1 of 41 (39,654 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Zathow

Disable any anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall programs on your system, or be sure to add an exception for Origin. Be sure to also run the installer as administrator.

If the issue persists then try running your system in a clean boot.

Message 2 of 41 (39,595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it happen to me too i cant get it to work. now im sad. 

Message 3 of 41 (39,502 Views)

★★★ Expert

Are you installing it to a different drive than it downloads to? If so Download the Installer Here. Locate the file called "OriginThinSetup.exe" and move (cut or copy and paste) it to the drive you want to install it on then run the installer.

If that isn't the problem, download the installer, locate the file as above but, right click on it and choose Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that get it working for you.

Message 4 of 41 (39,492 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is what it said after I clicked the update button. It updated but when i opened it again, this it what it said. I have had origin on the same computer for a while, but now it isn't working. I re downloaded the installer and opened it but the same massage comes up. 

Message 5 of 41 (39,304 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay, lets see why Origin thinks you don't have the requirements to install it. Please Post your DXDIAG report.

Message 6 of 41 (39,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It doesnt have an option that says that. these are what the button options are. 

Message 7 of 41 (39,281 Views)

★★ Novice

This appears to be a bug in the new installer.  I have the same problem as do many others.

Message 8 of 41 (39,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

its really bugging me. XD i just wanna play my sims 3. :'(

Message 9 of 41 (39,260 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GreatGirl2 If you do not have the run 64 bit button just skip that step and keep going, not every computer will show that button.

Message 10 of 41 (39,243 Views)