Where to find help for SimCity?

by Hatedia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where to find help for SimCity?

★★ Novice

New help is absolutely terrible. I am not able to find the way to contact EA in order to resolve my issue with SimCity. I have spend 1 hour doing so. Can anyone please tell me, how to get some help? I can't play SimCity, because of the input keyboard lag.

Message 1 of 14 (544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Where to find help for SimCity?

@Hatedia

Start, here. If you don't get a chat or callback option use different answers to the "Please tell us a little..." questions and check the times this options are available. 

If you from a country where call is the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype for this call. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (545 Views)

All Replies

@Hatedia

Start, here. If you don't get a chat or callback option use different answers to the "Please tell us a little..." questions and check the times this options are available. 

If you from a country where call is the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype for this call. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 14 (546 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hatedia

Hi,

Keyboard input lag sounds like something we can help you with here on AHQ as well. 

Have you tried unplugging all devices from your system except for your mouse and keyboard? If so, do you still experience input lag now? If you could also upload a dxdiag with your reply then I can take a closer look at your system.

Message 3 of 14 (511 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87, I am playing on laptop, to which I have attached external keyboard and mouse. If I disconnect them both, nothing changes. Keyboard on the laptop is from SteelSeries, laptop is from MSI, Apache Pro. External keyboard is G103 from Logitech and mouse is G502 also from Logitech. I am running latest software and firmware on the devices. I have also disabled on Logitech software for keyboard Allow games to control illumination as it was suggested on the other forums.

Attached is my dxdiag. Thanks.

Message 4 of 14 (505 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hatedia

Hi,

The only reason for the input lag that I could find on your system is the Intel HD Graphics device. Make sure that you lower your in-game graphical settings, and set the Intel HD graphics settings to performance to try and minimize the input lag.

I cannot guarantee that the game will run fluidly as you don't have a dedicated graphics card.

Message 5 of 14 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87, that actually is not true as I am also running GTX970M on the laptop. But thanks for the tip, I might need to force in nVIDIA Control Panel dedicated card to be used. I forgot about this.

EDIT: It did not work. See attachment.

Message 6 of 14 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Hatedia

Then we have found the issue.. Standard smile

The 970 doesn't actually show up anywhere in your dxdiag (which is strange by itself). If you force the use of the 970 then your input lag should be gone.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

EDIT: did not see your edit!

It is strange that your 970 doesn't show up at all in your dxdiag. Normally this should still display as an installed device. You could perhaps try doing a clean driver installation of the 970 to make sure that it is properly recognized.

Additionally, try the following:

• Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard and type power options, from the menu also make sure that High Performance is enabled.
  • Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard and type device manager, go to Display Adapters and make sure that your 970 is enabled.
Message 7 of 14 (474 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87, all this is working just fine - only problem is with SimCity. I am playing:

- Battlefield 3

- Battlefield 4

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

- Tom Clancy's The Division

- Grand Theft Auto V

All the games without single issue. Problem is with SimCity somewhere..

Message 8 of 14 (462 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hatedia

The plot thickens..

Could you further clarify the input lag that you're experiencing? That might give me an extra idea. Note that this is an uncommon problem I hope that you bear with me while we try out several steps to get this resolved.

Something else that you can try:

• Clean boot your system
  • Right-click Simcity in Origin and select Repair Game
  • Completely uninstall and reinstall your game

Final: depending on how you describe the input lag I am still thinking that this might be related to your keyboard or mouse that you installed on your laptop. Have you tried plugging them into different usb ports?

Message 9 of 14 (455 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87, Operating System is fine - checked. I work in IT (just to give you an idea that I am capable of handling my OS). Repaired the game as suggested, did not help. Re-installed game as suggested, did not help.

I have completely unplugged keyboard, mouse, disconnected HDMI cable, unplugged headphones. Laptop was only on the power source = same result.

Any other ideas?

Message 10 of 14 (426 Views)