Where can I buy a boxed code for The Sims 4 Discover Uni. to give as a gift?

by HeidiGrrrl

Original Post

Where can I buy a boxed code for The Sims 4 Discover Uni. to give as a gift?

★★★★ Apprentice

All I've been able to find is a way to download the digital code, but I can't very well wrap that, or even give it if it's on MY computer! If I have to ask the person for their Origin ID then it's not much of a surprise for a gift now, is it? It's also no fun to open at all because there's nothing to open! Get with it, EA! People still like receiving wrapped gifts of games.

Message 1 of 7 (601 Views)

Re: Where can I buy a boxed code for The Sims 4 Discover Uni. to give as a gift?

@HeidiGrrrl  There are still boxed codes available in physical stores, and probably on Amazon.  I know that places like Best Buy and Target also sell cards, for a pack or for EA wallet funds, with a scratch-off code on the back.  Here's a full list of authorized third-party retailers of EA games:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (594 Views)

Re: Where can I buy a boxed code for The Sims 4 Discover Uni. to give as a gift?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictNope. Was just on Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop, and all only had immediate digital download available, no code in a box, at least not available to buy online.

Message 3 of 7 (586 Views)

@HeidiGrrrl  You could still call the stores in your area and ask.  No guarantees, but there might be something available.  Besides, worst comes to worst, you can buy a code and give it to someone in an envelope with a nice card.  As long as you don't buy directly from Origin, the code won't be automatically registered to your account.

Message 4 of 7 (574 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HeidiGrrrl I took a look on Amazon and from what I can see there appears to be a psychical copy of the game there. 

You can generally tell a digital version of a game from the physical version by checking to see if it is instant delivery or posted.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (552 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you have a link? All Amazon shows me is an instant download (PC Online Game Code), or something from a third party that says it's for Win. 7 & 8. Most people are (or should be) on Win. 10 these days, like the person I want to gift this to, and the instant download version is for Win. 10.

Message 6 of 7 (517 Views)

@HeidiGrrrl  There is no separate version for Windows 10—it's the same game in any version of Windows.  (Owning it for Windows also gives you the right to download in macOS, and vice versa, although of course the program files will be a bit different.)  So any copy of Discover University (or any other pack) that says it's for PC will work on any Windows or macOS install.

The only thing to be careful of is that the person you want to give the pack isn't running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, since Discover University doesn't run in the LE.

As for a link, I don't know what country you're in, but Amazon U.S. is showing the box as back-ordered.  If Amazon sells it though, so should other retailers, in store if not online.

https://www.amazon.com/Sims-4-Discover-University-PC/dp/B07Z8R49Q2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=discover+univ...

Message 7 of 7 (473 Views)