Re: When I try to download a game there is no download button

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I try to download a game there is no download button

★★★★★ Newbie

When I try to download the sims 4 on origin no button to download comes up, just the cog and the add to favourites button and when I right click nothing shows up either, I've tried uninstalling and installing origin like 3 times. Does anyone know a way to download this or have the same problem?

Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Sneagh  There's no way to play the Steam version of Sims 4 in macOS, as in, you need to buy the game from Origin.  And linking your Steam and Origin accounts doesn't help either: the Steam version needs to be launched from Steam even after you've linked your accounts.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is refund the Steam version and buy directly from Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)

All Replies

@Sneagh  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Do you have an EA Play subscription, and did you get Sims 4 through Origin or Steam?

Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Hi thanks for the help, I run on MacOS so I had to transfer the steam game to origin, and no I do not have an EA Play subscription 

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

@Sneagh  There's no way to play the Steam version of Sims 4 in macOS, as in, you need to buy the game from Origin.  And linking your Steam and Origin accounts doesn't help either: the Steam version needs to be launched from Steam even after you've linked your accounts.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is refund the Steam version and buy directly from Origin.

Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)