What's going on?

by dougsbuchanan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What's going on?

★★★ Newbie

Has there been a breach of some sort? I can't be the only one getting these E-Mails from (apparently) legitimate EA addresses saying there's been a new sign in on WEB. On top of that I've been receiving authentication code texts in Russian for the past week. I've changed passwords on all accounts and have added the authenticator to my account (was previously texts or E-Mail). My E-Mail is without a doubt secure, I've had that authenticated requiring permission for every single attempt to log on and can easily monitor attempts to login to it. I've also not entered any authentication codes from the text verification.

Here's the kicker. Even after all of that, I'm still getting the texts?? I've blocked the number since I'm sure it's just automated to phish for folks, but my point is, with my E-Mail secure the entire time why has there been such a ramp up of suspicious activity lately and when/how was my account signed onto in the first place? 

Last rant.. with all of these attempts of phishing (or whatever it is that's going on) it is most frustrating to see that this website automatically enrolls or signs you up for their forum. Not cool and I think ya'll should re-think the integration there.. the last thing I want to see while trying to figure out what (if anything) has been breached is a "Congratulations! You've earned a newbie badge on EA's AnswerHQ!" E-Mail from a website I didn't willingly register for. 

I'm sure it's in the 500 pages of fine print that give ya'll those permissions..

Message 1 of 2 (305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What's going on?

Community Manager

If someone is attempting to access your account @dougsbuchanan then I would suggest that you speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (250 Views)

All Replies

Re: What's going on?

Community Manager

If someone is attempting to access your account @dougsbuchanan then I would suggest that you speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)