Re: What’s XP and how does it work?

by angrymister

Original Post

What’s XP and how does it work?

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

XP stands for experience points in most games. It’s the same for the Answer HQ. By showing your knowledge and experience within the AHQ, you can earn XP. Great ideas, answers to posts, even great questions can be given XP by other community members, moderators or administrators.

If you ask a question and someone has a great answer, click the XP button to give them some XP. 

XP.png

XP in games is how you level up your character to unlock cool new weapons, features, levels and more. At the Answer HQ, you can level up as well. As you gain levels, you’ll earn achievements and badges as well as extra permissions. The community will look to you as a leader, a beacon of knowledge… a hero. 

Message 1 of 11 (14,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

xperience points help you level up

Message 2 of 11 (13,603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yes it does Standard smile
Message 3 of 11 (13,464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

XP is basically Kudos, right?

In that case, give it when you want to give the user a pat on the back :P

Message 4 of 11 (13,145 Views)

★ Guide
What are the ranks (Keeper, lookout, sentinel, hero) and how much XP I need to reach for next rank?
Message 5 of 11 (12,592 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@angrymister 

Keeper, lookout, sentinel, Marshall, Protector, Vanguard, Harbinger, Chosen. I may have missed one but that is what i remember. Hero isn't earned by XP, rather showing the Community managers you have enough of what it takes to represent the community here and help out others.

Message 6 of 11 (12,581 Views)

★ Guide
How to do the colors and showing staus under username?
Message 7 of 11 (12,571 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I found this here without any help: press on your username, then HQ Settings, Social Connect, Profile Cards.
Message 8 of 11 (12,568 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah you level up using XP, and sometimes get badges, Hope i helped!

Message 9 of 11 (11,694 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the explanation.  I can't believe I am just now seeing all of this. So much information all in one place.

Message 10 of 11 (4,324 Views)