Re: What happens if i reinstall Sims 4 if i downloaded it during free period ?

by Sodabite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What happens if i reinstall Sims 4 if i downloaded it during free period ?

★★★★★ Newbie

Help !!! I have no clue what will happen if i uninstall sims 4 and then re-installs it if i had downloaded during the free duration EA has given . Will i still be able to play if i have already backed up my files ? Because origin had told me saying " unable to play as error has occured " and i have tried restarting my computer but it didn't work but it wasn't even a mod ! What does that mean ?

Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Sodabite  IF you downloaded Sims 4 during the free period, that means you "bought" it (for nothing), and your account now owns it.  So you can download and install it, still for free, as many times as you want, on as many computers as you want.  You don't need to back up your files, although you may want to save the contents of your game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, which is where your saves and created sims are stored.

For your current issue, it would be great if you could post a screenshot of the error you're seeing.  Please also let me know whether you have Windows or macOS, and I can move your post to the relevant Sims section for troubleshooting, if necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (448 Views)

All Replies

@Sodabite  IF you downloaded Sims 4 during the free period, that means you "bought" it (for nothing), and your account now owns it.  So you can download and install it, still for free, as many times as you want, on as many computers as you want.  You don't need to back up your files, although you may want to save the contents of your game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, which is where your saves and created sims are stored.

For your current issue, it would be great if you could post a screenshot of the error you're seeing.  Please also let me know whether you have Windows or macOS, and I can move your post to the relevant Sims section for troubleshooting, if necessary.

Message 2 of 5 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much ! But turns out there was actually  file that was not supposed to be there , ( i don't know how it got there ? )i deleted that file and the game was okay ! But question now is , will the game still have the saved games when i have placed the backup files back into the original folder ? 

Message 3 of 5 (439 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hmm... windows
Message 4 of 5 (435 Views)

@Sodabite  That depends on what file you deleted.  If the game ran normally afterwards, and all your saves and builds were still there, you're fine.

If you'd like help getting your game running again, please post the error message you're getting (a screenshot would be great), and I'll move this thread to the Sims 4 section so that the troubleshooting crew can take over.

Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)