Re: What happend to the "Other Plants vs. Zombies" Forum?

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What happend to the "Other Plants vs. Zombies" Forum?

★★ Guide

Are you guys revamping that Forum or what is going on? I have no longer the option to open a new thread there and it seems like every existing thread after 2014 got deleted (except 3 pinned ones). Another weird thing is that the navigion bar now looks like this: Answer HQ English > Games > Plants vs Zombies > other Plants vs Zombies Games > other Plants vs Zombies games.

Clicking on the first "other Plants vs Zombies Games" link leads to an completely empty forum btw.

There are also 2 "new" pinned threads from 2014.I can't belive that is intentional.

You know, I don't care much about the Forum itself, but it was my Number 1 Source for PvZ3 news while I'm silently waiting to play that game again.

Message 1 of 7 (775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @suchti0352 we are reworking our forums on an annual basis. As new games get released and older games get played by less and less people, we sometimes have to make the decision to merge forums or get rid of some of them altogether.

Changes like that can take a while (up to 48 hours!) to show up for everyone on the internet correctly. You can try to "force" the forum to show you the changes by deleting your browser cookies and/or your cache.

Hope that helps!

/Spectre

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (676 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@suchti0352 Seems like everything is fine now, except that every post after 2014 is still gone.
Message 2 of 7 (739 Views)

Community Manager

@suchti0352

Looks like the thread order got a little mixed up but here are 2021 posts: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/bd-p/PvZ/page/10

barry.png
Message 3 of 7 (707 Views)

★★ Guide

The only non-pinned post after 2014 I see is the one I made a few hours ago (Only posts from 2014.png) which for whatever reason has two points right after I created it. In fact, it seems like litterely every post has 2 points no matter how many replies it got.

The option to make new posts is missing again (missing option to make new posts.png).

And I don't know if it was intentional, but the link you gave me lead to the 10. page of this Forum (page 10.png) which has posts from 2015. Which is also weird because the fact that page 1 has only posts from 2014, and page 10 only posts from 2015 would mean that the 2014 posts were created after the 2015 which, as far as I know, is not possible.

I really don't belive that those oddities are made on purpose.

Message 4 of 7 (701 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @suchti0352 we are reworking our forums on an annual basis. As new games get released and older games get played by less and less people, we sometimes have to make the decision to merge forums or get rid of some of them altogether.

Changes like that can take a while (up to 48 hours!) to show up for everyone on the internet correctly. You can try to "force" the forum to show you the changes by deleting your browser cookies and/or your cache.

Hope that helps!

/Spectre

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 7 (677 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Spectre Thanks for the Answer
Message 6 of 7 (672 Views)

★★★ Expert
@EA_Spectre Thanks, I missed some subforums around indeed.
Message 7 of 7 (655 Views)