Re: Weird russian texts - is my account compromised?

by DAW085

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weird russian texts - is my account compromised?

★★★ Novice

For the past year or so I've been receiving EA authentication codes on text that seem to be written in Russian.

There is no suspicious activity on my account nor email, but I have no relation to anyone Russian whatsoever.

Is someone trying to access my account or what? The codes are 6 digits and from a different # each time. Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (1,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@levizy 

I'd recommend you to change your password and enable Login verification. If you need additional assiatnce, contact EA Customer Support:  How to contact EA support

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,056 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
Not sure why you're getting the text messages, but if you're worried about unauthorized access, you can turn on account verification in your EA profile.
Message 2 of 4 (1,066 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@levizy 

I'd recommend you to change your password and enable Login verification. If you need additional assiatnce, contact EA Customer Support:  How to contact EA support

Message 3 of 4 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thx for the replies guys, turns out its likely an automated phishing bot, plenty of ppl seem to be getting them https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Security-Code-In-Russian/m-p/5682718/highlight/true#M...

Changed password + security q,

But wonder what makes EA so vulnerable, some get these texts many times a day

Don't see other companies being targetted in such an obvious way for this long (3 years apparently)

Message 4 of 4 (1,051 Views)