Re: We can't connect you to your friends list or chat right now. Hang tight

by SoullessSavage33

Original Post

We can't connect you to your friends list or chat right now. Hang tight

★★★ Novice

Opened all the specified ports.  Re-installed Origin.  Cleared Origin Cache.  DNS Flush. Tried booting Origin in different compatibility modes, always being run as administrator.  Nothing has fixed.  Is there a fix, my bug error report hasn't received a reply either? 

I gave up on this in the past, but with Apex Legends out now, it would be incredibly useful to play with friends.  All the old articles, seem to have been marked "Solved" although the comments are desperation for a fix if anyone has one.  Seems like EA was closing tickets even though users were still not connected.  

Message 1 of 15 (2,015 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @krishnakush.

Can you ensure that you have opened the ports for Origin to ensure that it is not being stopped from sending and receiving information. You need to ensure that the following ports are open:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Can you also disable your anti-virus and firewall and try again to see if it works.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (1,991 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have created these ports and the other list of ports to be accepted as was stated in other posts

Message 3 of 15 (1,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

TCP: 80, 443, 9960-9969, 1024-1124, 3216, 18000, 18120, 18060, 27900, 28910, 29900
UDP: 1024-1124, 18000, 29900

TCP2: 80, 443, 1024-1124, 3216, 5222, 8080, 9960-9969, 18000, 18060, 18120, 27900, 28910, 29900
UDP2: 443, 1024-1124, 18000, 29900

All complete permissions and firewall disabled, as well. 
@EA_Darko 

Message 4 of 15 (1,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Darko ,

Just so you know, @krishnakush  isn't the only user to experience this kind of issue.

I have the same problem and I've tried all the solutions developped in the older threads (open ports, flush DNS cache, uninstall origin, delete origin cache, and more). None of those worked and the chat is still offline.

FYI I can play online, only the friend list is disabled.

Note: When launching & closing Apex I have a pop-up with this message :

Error syncing Cloud Storage data

Your latest cloud storage data may not be available

Message 5 of 15 (1,910 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same issue as well and have also tried the "solutions" that have been provided with no change in the connection to the origin launcher. Unable to chat or be viewed as being online. Most frustrating piece is this is the only game launcher that has this issue. Not to mention it's been an on going issue for so many others and the problem still hasn't been fixed.
Message 6 of 15 (1,899 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what it's like to be ghosted Zipped lips @EA_Darko 

I've been seeing some streamers start to have this issue after being connected to friend's list before.  Would really help to get some solutions from your client before this issue blows up. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I did some trial and error on numerous things to verify the issue further.

All devices in my house have these issues when connecting to Origin's website to view the Friends list.  I go to my profile and the friend's list never loads.  So, trying to fix anything from my PC isn't going to solve this. Seems to be some network protocol being triggered for my entire network, regardless of device type. (Mobile Device, Tablet, other PCs, etc.) 

I have ATT internet.  So, i'm curious if others with this issue also have the same ISP or one similar?

My thoughts are that it's a form of protection protocol with ATT's router system that EA's Origin Friends network get's blocked with.

I remember hearing about issues with Anthem, due to EA's networking protocols allowing a form of self DDoS or DoS. "Now, a tester and ResetEra user by the name of Gossi has claimed that the game’s connection issues could get far worse. Gossi claims to have performed a packet capture on Anthem‘s demo and found that when the game fails to connect to a server, it floods the game trying to reconnect, creating a situation where Anthem is essentially DDoS-ing itself and EA." Wondering if this is a similar issue with the Friends Network that causes it to show up as flood attempts to people's routers, thus being blocked as malicious. Just a thought, really, since there haven't been any new responses. 

Any tech savvy support that can research this for the users @EA_Darko ?

Message 8 of 15 (1,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just confirmed this further by using my mobile network, not WiFi or Ethernet connection, to log in and accept a friend request. 

Definitely believe there needs to be some research done to your Friends Network, to determine how it accesses people's ISP network.  There has to be a flag being raised causing it to block all traffic.  I've never had this issue with any other client's Friends Network (Battle.net, Steam, Bethesda.net, Epic Games, or League of Legends)  Seems odd that it would only be the EA Origin friend's network being halted, even with the requested ports being opened and firewalls disabled or non-existent on tested devices.  

Hope this isolating of the issue assists with a fix to the Friends network. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,829 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, my next question, if the initial steps didn't work, would be to use a hotspot and try connecting but you seem to be a step ahead.

If your ISP is blocking the Origin friends list can you log into your router settings and see if it is possible to add Origin and any games to your list of exceptions.

If you are unable to do so or the option is not there then it is worth speaking with your ISP to see what form of protection they have running on your router which could be blocking this. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (1,824 Views)