Was my account Hacked?

by Kingshaun2k

Original Post

Was my account Hacked?

★ Novice

I recieved this Email a few days from origin;

To make sure your account information stays accurate and secure, we'll check in with you whenever Something changes. On 07 September 2014 16:57:09 GMT, the email address linked with Your Origin Account was changed to:

[edit: email address removed].

Is this correct? If it is, please check the email address above to finish verifying your email.If you never made this change, please click here to change your email address back and change your password. If you need additional assistance, please contact Origin Help.

If you never made this change, please click here to change your email address back and change your password. If you need additional assistance, please contact Origin Help.

Thanks,
The Origin Team

Ive reverted back to my original email and changed the password again. Has someone tried to hack my account?

Message 1 of 9 (366 Views)

My name has also been changed to Cure tools. how do i cha...

★ Novice

My name has also been changed to Cure tools. how do i change it back?

Message 2 of 9 (358 Views)

Re: My name has also been changed to Cure tools. how do i cha...

Community Manager

If this was changed without your knowledge, it's possible, yes. It's worth going through and changing any of your other passwords for other accounts, and running a malware scan on your machine.

To revert your name, Log into Origin, go to Account and Privacy, and choose Edit within Basic Information.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 9 (354 Views)

★ Novice

I've got it sorted it through the EA chat, someone used some software to randomly generate peoples origin accounts. They changed my Email, Password and security details so i couldn't change my name. Should i message you the link to the software they used so origin could possibly do something about it?

Message 4 of 9 (340 Views)

Community Manager

Yes please. PM it to me so that it's not publicly visible.

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you please answer my question? I posted in the forum because I just created a origin account yesterday and bought the sims 3 starter pack. I started the SIms3 download last night and NOTHING. It's been at 0% for over 8 hours. Help please, I feel like I pretty much just wasted 20$ and im not very happy

Message 6 of 9 (332 Views)

Community Manager
Message 7 of 9 (323 Views)

Re: Was my account Hacked?

★★★ Newbie

I did receive a similar email but in Russian I think.

And now I can't even play my games. So how do I recover all my stuff?

Please help Frown

Message 8 of 9 (318 Views)

Re: Was my account Hacked?

Community Manager

Contact support using the steps in the link below, they can help investigate the issue.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (309 Views)