Verification impossible

by Learos187

Original Post

Verification impossible

★★★ Newbie

I can no longer access my old email therefore account verification is impossible.

I have contacted EA support and they cannot verify my account as they say I have wrong information. The only information I have on my account is my date of birth. All other fields such as billing address, credit card number, purchases etc are blank so are not incorrect just not there.

Message 1 of 10 (774 Views)

Re: Verification impossible

Community Manager

@Learos187 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA_Barry

This issue has been an issue for months now. Why have a security question on the account if this is not accepted as verification.

Message 3 of 10 (741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just started a topic about this same issue. I can't play the damn game I bought simply because I have some old email I can no longer access, tied to an EA account.

You guys really think it's smart to force people to set up EA accounts that can deny the user from playing a game they bought if they can't access the email they signed up with 10 years ago?? It's unplayable now, and non-transferrable to another gamertag. How the hell is that fair? Like I literally can't play the game, and can't even transfer the digital copy to a different gamertag with an EA account I can actually use.

So what, I'm just out $100 because of an EA login issue? Seriously?

Message 4 of 10 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue I am about too request a refund on all my EA games this is highway robbery 

Message 5 of 10 (635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have most of my info except billing address and still I can't get EA too help me it's been weeks of emails 

Message 6 of 10 (630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No live chat options that's sad 😔 

Message 7 of 10 (629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same experience. Tried three times hoping someone with common sense could help me. They wanted answers to questions like the last 4 digits of my credit card. i have never purchased anything from them so they wont have this. Also wanted Ip address and when this was provided they said it was wrong. Worst customer service ever and most ludicrous ID verification I have ever come across., Asked for someone to ring me and they kept referring me back to the chat requesting information that cant be provided. Worst Customer service experience I can recall EA

Message 8 of 10 (457 Views)

★★ Novice

Same experience. ea's security question are unrealistic and quite frankly insane. My bank has more reasonable security questions. My mate told me not to buy ea games because of how difficult and convoluted they make gaming, but i thought he was exaggerating. 

Message 9 of 10 (222 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry The verification questions are unrealistic and in some cases impossible to answer.

1. IP address: Which one do you want? There is one on my computer, one on the back of my modem and router, and one through the link you provide. They are all different.

2. Date of birth: Normal request.

3. One purchase and date it was purchased: Is this a purchase through the EA account/site or can it be from other platforms like steam? The reason I ask this is because I don't remember if I ever bought a game from the EA site let alone be able to remember the date of purchase.

4. Last 4 digits of credit card: Impossible! Most banks I've dealt with require you to change your credit card number every 1 to 2 years, and if I can't remember the last time I bought a game from your site I'm betting my number has changed more than once in that time. Secondly I have had credit cards with banks I no longer hold an account with.

5. Billing address: In the last ten years I've moved seven times in different parts of the world. How do I know which address is on my account?

6. Phone number: And I have changed my phone number a few times in the last ten years due to living in different countries.

There must be a realistic way to prove it's me. My bank asks for two forms of id and a video of me holding them.

EA's method is illogically convoluted.
Message 10 of 10 (144 Views)