Username won't show up in friend search

by AurRe_HDDMod

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Username won't show up in friend search

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My username used to be HDDMod, changed to UF_HDDMod when I joined a clan, and changed again to RGF_HDDMod when I joined another clan. When people do a search for my username, RGF_HDDMod doesn't show up. UF_HDDMod shows up when you search it. Origin says my username is indeed RGF_HDDMod What's going on here?

Message 1 of 3 (217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Username won't show up in friend search

EA DICE Team

@AurRe_HDDMod

I couldn't find UF_HDDMod in our system. But do note that the system doesn't take into account underscores.

It would also be helpful for you to know that there is sometimes a delay when changing your name so that might be why the old one still shows up. That should correct itself over time (I don't have an exact time frame).

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (211 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@AurRe_HDDMod

Well, looking at your name on here, you are missing the underscore, so that is most likely the issue here.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AurRe_HDDMod

I couldn't find UF_HDDMod in our system. But do note that the system doesn't take into account underscores.

It would also be helpful for you to know that there is sometimes a delay when changing your name so that might be why the old one still shows up. That should correct itself over time (I don't have an exact time frame).

Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)