Re: Use of the name "Vakarian"

by GuWitch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Use of the name "Vakarian"

★ Novice

Hi!

I'm wondering who to contact for written permission to use the name "Vakarian" for my marriage. Neither of our families really support the marriage, so it doesn't feel right to take either last name. However, a large part of our relationship was playing through the Mass Effect series together, in which we heavily bonded over our favorite Turian. In order to proceed through the name change courts without delay, I'd like to obtain written permission to change our last names to "Vakarian," to avoid lawsuits for a trademarked character.

Message 1 of 4 (584 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi! 

We've reached out to some friends at Bioware and we've heard back that there's no need for anything from us in order to use the name!

However I've been asked if I can gather some contact details from you, presumably someone at the studio would like to make contact. 

Is the email for your posting account your personal one? If not, can you DM me the email*? 

If you need to DM the email, please use the name(at)domain format, we have an aggressive filter that catches all email addresses. 

Thanks, and congratulations!

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @GuWitch,

Oh my goodness. Wow! Okay, firstly it's wonderful you've chosen to take that step and let me wish you both a lifetime of happiness.Heart

Secondly, thank you. This is such an amazing compliment, albeit an usual request. Truthfully, I'm not 100% on how you can go about this but let me look into it a bit more for you. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi! 

We've reached out to some friends at Bioware and we've heard back that there's no need for anything from us in order to use the name!

However I've been asked if I can gather some contact details from you, presumably someone at the studio would like to make contact. 

Is the email for your posting account your personal one? If not, can you DM me the email*? 

If you need to DM the email, please use the name(at)domain format, we have an aggressive filter that catches all email addresses. 

Thanks, and congratulations!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (406 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David Yes! Please use the email tagged to this account! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
Message 4 of 4 (401 Views)