Re: Use Login Verification for extra account security

by VoyAMatarloDxD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Use Login Verification for extra account security

★★ Pro

hi everyone, I have seen that many players lately is hacked the EA account. for greater security, I would ask you to use a very effective security method that will allow you all players, to be hacked as little as possible. (sorry my bad english but i'm Italian)

Use Login Verification for extra account security

Login verification, or two-factor authentication, sends you a code to verify your identity when a new device tries to log in to your EA Account. We also recognize and trust the devices you use most often. And if you lose your phone, you can get backup codes to make sure you can log in.

How does it work?

Login Verification helps prevent new devices from logging in to your EA Account without having both your password and verification code. You select how you want to receive the code. Then any time you sign in to your EA Account from a new device, we’ll send you a code to enter to verify your identity and complete sign in. 

If you play FIFA, we require this option to access FIFA Ultimate Team on the Web and Companion apps.

How do I turn on Login Verification?

1. From EA Help, click Accounts, then Account Security.
  2. If you need to, log in to your EA Account to open the My Account: Security page.
  3. Find the Login Verification section and click Turn On.
  4. Answer your security question, then select how you want to receive your verification code.
  • If you choose Email, make sure your email is a valid, working email address (the one you check often).
  • If you choose App Authenticator, you will install an app to your mobile device to receive your verification codes. This option is faster and more reliable.
    • PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 FIFA 15 players using App Authenticator will not receive a security challenge when logging in.

You will now receive a verification code when you log in from a new device. We will also send a code every 90 days when you log in from trusted devices. This ensures that only you and your unique code are able to access your EA Account. 

If you ever want to turn off Login Verification, return to the My Account: Security page and select Turn Off.

If you play FIFA, do not turn off Login Verification or you will lose access to the game.

Turn on login verification in Origin My Account Security Tab

How do I use an app authenticator to receive codes?

An app authenticator is the fastest way to securely verify your identity. When EA requests a security code before you can log in, you can get a code from your app authenticator instantly without waiting on an email from EA.

1. From EA Help, click Accounts, then Account Security.
  2. If you need to, log in to your EA Account to open the My Account: Security page.
  3. Find the Login Verification section and click Turn On.
  4. Answer your security question, choose App Authenticator, and click Continue.
  5. Choose your device from the pull-down menu.
  6. Install the Google Authenticator app by scanning the QR code or searching your device's app store for “authenticator”.
  7. Open the authenticator app and choose to manually add an account.
  8. Scan the QR code or enter the secret key from the Set up an App Authenticator window to link your app to your EA Account.
  9. Enter your app's code found under Electronic Arts, then click Save.

Now, when we ask you for a Login Verification code you can open the authenticator app and enter the 6-digit code.

Each code the app displays lasts for a limited time. If the timer on the code is about to run out, wait for a new code to make sure you have enough time to enter it.

What if I don't have my phone or email when I need a code? Can I get backup codes?

If you lose your phone, the authenticator app fails, or you cannot access your email address, backup codes are the only way to sign in to your EA Account from a new device. You can view and renew these codes from the My Account: Security page.

1. From EA Help, click Accounts, then Account Security.
  2. If you need to, log in to your EA Account to open the My Account: Security page.
  3. Click View next to Backup Codes.
  4. You will see a list of backup codes. Keep this list in a safe, accessible place.
  5. If you play FIFA, you can select Request a new code after logging in to FIFA Ultimate Team.

If you have lost your phone or you cannot access your email address and you do not have backup codes, please Contact Us and select the Manage my account and Can’t log in topics for assistance.

How can I confirm my contact info is correct?

If you have trouble with a Login Verification code, make sure your email address, authenticator installation, or phone number is correct.

• If you chose Email my code or Text message my code, you can check your email address on the My Account: About Me page or through theOrigin client
  • If you chose App Authenticator, you can use a barcode or QR code scanning app to find your code in between ?secret= and &.
  • Create or verify your Security Question and answer.

Once you verify your information, you can reactivate Login Verification to receive a new code.

i hope i was helpful.

If this was helpful and solved your issue, please press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

Message 1 of 5 (15,581 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Feel free to reply if this works for you as well as post other fixes for others to benefit on. Feel free to reply if this works for you, Topic is marked as solved for increased visibility to other users having this issue. (sorry @MorningTimeCloud for grab you this Answer xD)

If this was helpful and solved your issue, please press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (15,503 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Feel free to reply if this works for you as well as post other fixes for others to benefit on. Feel free to reply if this works for you, Topic is marked as solved for increased visibility to other users having this issue. (sorry @MorningTimeCloud for grab you this Answer xD)

Message 2 of 5 (15,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed all of these steps and it still doesn't work.  Can someone help me?

Message 3 of 5 (15,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn’t work for me either. It said the security code was invalid still.

Message 4 of 5 (14,023 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KilgoreComet I've locked this thread as it is quite old.

For issues with the login verification codes you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (13,986 Views)