Re: Uploading an avatar

by everway9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Uploading an avatar

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone.

Firstly........  I'm new here so a big hello to you all. Standard smile

I'm very unfamiliar with this type of forum. I'm more used to vBulletin style forums and therefore have no idea how this one works.

Usually the first thing I do when I join a forum is to upload my avatar but it appears that I can't do that just yet. I searched and it appears that I need more XP or points before I can use a custom avatar. Is this correct?

If so...... Please can you tell me how many points or posts I need to make before being able to use my own avatar? 

Many thanks in advance. Standard smile

P.S. The reason why I attached an image to this post is because it would only let me submit my question after I had attached an image. You can see in the picture I've attached that there is no 'Submit', only 'Preview' which I had already clicked 3 times.

Is it mandatory that you attach an image just so you can submit your question?

Message 1 of 9 (2,530 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin. Standard smile

Thanks very much for your reply. 

Actually as I'm typing this.... there is a Submit button this time. :D

What you said (Happy Simmin) has confused me somewhat. Wondering Is this forum for the 'The Sims' game?

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (3,389 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @everway9

welcome to AHQ.

I'm unsure which rank you need for uploading a avatar but I think it's at least Guide

Here's an overview of the ranks: http://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranks#ranks

As for the picture, no, that's not mandatory. The submit button has it's own mind. Usually if you add a few spaces to the end of your post, it appears. If not, try copying your text to the clipboard, then scratch the post and start over (c/p the post you made).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,502 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin. Standard smile

Thanks very much for your reply. 

Actually as I'm typing this.... there is a Submit button this time. :D

What you said (Happy Simmin) has confused me somewhat. Wondering Is this forum for the 'The Sims' game?

Message 3 of 9 (3,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It's a Signature. Just @crinrict loves The Sims games very much. Answers HQ is not about The Sims only, it's about all EA Games Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (2,488 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, ROFL!! :D  I'm sorry. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Message 5 of 9 (2,483 Views)

Hero

Hehe, yeah, that's my siggy. 

I mostly post in the Sims section and people there known what I mean :D      

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,476 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have uploaded an avatar image when creating my profile. But that image is not shown here. Instead there is a collection of avatars where I have to choose from ...

Any way to change my avatar image here on the board to a personalized one?

Message 7 of 9 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Bingele28 wrote:

Hi,

I have uploaded an avatar image when creating my profile. But that image is not shown here. Instead there is a collection of avatars where I have to choose from ...

Any way to change my avatar image here on the board to a personalized one?

@Bingele28 Hello,

As far as I know, here on EA Answers HQ forums, there are some limitations for usual users. Users that have Champion or Hero rank can upload their custom avatars, but users that have rank below can only choice default avatars from the collection.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
@IIPrest0nII Best answer so far. Thank you. 👍🏻😊
Message 9 of 9 (1,905 Views)