Updating paused and now unable to un-pause

by lexibearlol

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Updating paused and now unable to un-pause

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Help! My Sims 4 started updating and then it just paused and I have no idea how to un-pause it!

Message 1 of 20 (39,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Updating paused and now unable to un-pause

★★ Apprentice

Hi, I always have this problem and end up un installing origin and the sims 4 then reinstalling them,i was advised to.....

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

see how you get on with doing this..good luck

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (44,763 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@lexibearlol Please restart your computer , ensure that you are running Origin with Administrator rights and then run a repair on the game (right click the Sims 4 game tile in Origin client and select 'Repair Game'). If 'Repair Game' is unavailable try 'Check for Updates'.

Message 2 of 20 (39,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, I always have this problem and end up un installing origin and the sims 4 then reinstalling them,i was advised to.....

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

see how you get on with doing this..good luck

Message 3 of 20 (44,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you just have to left click on it then click resume update or if you are on a mac then click the pad with two fingers and click resume update

Message 4 of 20 (39,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same promlem and what you do is right click the game and it will say "Resume Game" press that and it should resume.

You could also stop the update by doing the same thing but press "Stop Update".

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 20 (38,844 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks it worked you rock

Message 6 of 20 (38,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

where is the resume option?

Message 7 of 20 (37,784 Views)

Community Manager

@missarkgirl Hi,

It should be available at the bottom of the Origin Client. If you click on the bar there, a little window with the current progress should show up, and you should be able to unpause the download there.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 20 (37,707 Views)

★ Novice

It's been two days and my sims 4 still hasn't downloaded. It keeps pausing itself and I've had to force shut down my Mac every time to get it out of pause, and now it's permanently in pause. It doesn't matter what I do it stays paused. I've tried "right clicking" it and it still does nothing. Your explanation of how I can resume it, isn't very clear - I have no idea what you mean at all, what is this client page you talk of? I've had this game since it came out and no problems at all, mind-you I had it downloaded on a windows PC before and now that I'm trying to download it on my Mac and all these problems are arising. I'm having so many problems with the installation on my Mac it's crazy. My other PC Desktop (which I keep at a relative's house), downloaded perfectly within an hour and now I'm waiting 20+ hours for it to download on my Mac!! wtf...!! I'm tired of restarting the whole process again and again.  

Message 9 of 20 (34,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The easiest thing to do when your on a Mac is click the apple sign on the top left of your screen then go down to force quit then a box will open up and you can either search origin or it will be there and you click force quit. Re-open origin by going into the search bar and type origin then you will will be able to resume downloading. I did it and it only took me one minute. 

Message 10 of 20 (32,880 Views)