Update keeps failing???

by unicorn422

Original Post

Update keeps failing???

★★★ Newbie

whenever i try to open origin it tells me i need to download the newest update to open it, so i click on the. link it gives me in the popup and it downloads the update, but when it gets to the end of installing it fails and says i have to download it again. i've tried downloading it 5 times and it just wont let me open origin or play any of my games without this download that does not work.

Message 1 of 10 (5,955 Views)

Re: Update keeps failing???

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, update 9.5.6 keeps downloading over and over again

Message 2 of 10 (5,914 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try this...

Re- install origin only not your game just origin.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest Origin here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin and and log in

Message 3 of 10 (5,913 Views)

★★ Novice

I ran the client again as administrator, downloaded and installed the update, closed the program and reopened and it doesn't appear anymore, seems to be installed although my account was already administrator. Will try to reinstall the client again if it persists, hope it doesnt affect my currently installed games.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10 (5,910 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I tested this once on my own game PC to be sure it did not remove my games and it did not remove them.

Message 5 of 10 (5,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

Every time I'm prompted to update Origin, it fails.  It's a piece of * I'd rather not have on my computer, and certainly would not have on my computer if it wasn't for lack of EA games ona  REAL platform like Steam.

Reinstalling the stupid app every time it needs updating is hardly a good solution.

Message 6 of 10 (4,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is now 2017, and this issue persists.  Failed install.  And the solution is always to reinstall.  EA - you'e better than this.  Aren't you?

Message 7 of 10 (4,313 Views)

★★★ Guide
The answer is clearly NO.

@tsrman wrote:

It is now 2017, and this issue persists.  Failed install.  And the solution is always to reinstall.  EA - you'e better than this.  Aren't you?

Message 8 of 10 (4,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2020 and still an issue... want to play a game but instead trying to figure out how to get 'mandatory update' to run; fails with no information.

Message 9 of 10 (2,387 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How much space do you have on C drive? For some reason Origin will borrow C drive to copy files over, update, then copy them back. Even if you specific Origin is installed on another drive.

Message 10 of 10 (2,363 Views)