Update Issue

by MTSM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Update Issue

★★★★★ Newbie

Just came on Origin for the first time to download an old favourite. Download went fine but when the came informs me it needs an update to play and I click ok it informs me I need to be an administrator and to log in as one. I am the admin its my pc and my account is the admin account.

Message 1 of 9 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Update Issue

★★★ Expert

Sometimes things need to be specifically told to run as administrator.

Exit Origin completely then right click on the icon and select Properties.

Go to the Compatibility tab at the top and set it to run as Administrator there.

If that isn't enough, locate the game's executable (start) file and repeat the above with that file as well.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (344 Views)

All Replies

User account control is enabled or disabled?

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 9 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What on? Windows or Origin?

Message 3 of 9 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]

Windows. Check that. Certain games want the damn thing enabled, others want UAC disabled. Worth a try.

P.S.: i am on Windows 7: Ultimate Edition, x64, installed as admin, no other user accounts, UAC disabled. And 'lo and behold, the whole damn Origin works. Doesn't mean i like itWink

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 9 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Its windows 10. How do I find that?

Message 5 of 9 (370 Views)

Check this, as it actually describes it well:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3577-user-account-control-uac-change-settings-windows-10-a.html

Message 6 of 9 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Turned it right off. Still the same problem

Message 7 of 9 (355 Views)

★★★ Expert

Sometimes things need to be specifically told to run as administrator.

Exit Origin completely then right click on the icon and select Properties.

Go to the Compatibility tab at the top and set it to run as Administrator there.

If that isn't enough, locate the game's executable (start) file and repeat the above with that file as well.

Message 8 of 9 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes Thank you all

Message 9 of 9 (327 Views)