Unused name unavailable?

by champinj0nxd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unused name unavailable?

★★★ Newbie

Hi! First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any information on it online.

Basically, I'm trying to change my name to "champinj0n", which does not appear to be in use on Origin, as when I search for it only I myslef pop up, and I've had to add an "xd" to the end of my name.

Would appreciate any clarification about the issue. 

Message 1 of 2 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unused name unavailable?

Community Manager

Hey @champinj0nxd if the user name is not being accepted then it is most likely the case that it has already been taken and as such, I'm sorry to say that you will be unable to use it.

A user can make their account private and as such it will not be searchable in the Origin search which could be why there are no results when you search for it.

The best thing to do in a situation such as this is to try an alternate spelling of the username such as champ1nj0n or ch@mpinj0n.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unused name unavailable?

Community Manager

Hey @champinj0nxd if the user name is not being accepted then it is most likely the case that it has already been taken and as such, I'm sorry to say that you will be unable to use it.

A user can make their account private and as such it will not be searchable in the Origin search which could be why there are no results when you search for it.

The best thing to do in a situation such as this is to try an alternate spelling of the username such as champ1nj0n or ch@mpinj0n.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (446 Views)