Re: Unusable Origin account without email

by JariTapani

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unusable Origin account without email

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have an unusable Origin account (karmanszabolcs). As far as I know the reason is that I didn't assign an e-mail to this account. After creation unfortunately it's impossible to add e-mail in the Origin client, and I unable to use the online login also, because it needs e-mail instead of Origin ID to log in. To solve the problem I made a new account (karmanszabolcs17) with correct e-mail address, but I cannot assign Battlefield3 key to the new account because it belongs to the old and wrong account (karmanszabolcs).

Is there any solution? For example to make the wrong accout usable by assigning an e-mail address to it.

Thanks in advance,

Szabi

Message 1 of 7 (3,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

[HOW TO] Update your email address or security question

Merge Origin Accounts

If you are looking to merge two Origin accounts together, you will need to contact an EA Game Advisor for assistance, however please do note that some limitations may apply.

• Certain titles / previous purchases may not be able to be transferred.
  • Some cloud saves may not transfer.
  • Some game leaderboard stats may not transfer.

For further instructions and information on this process, please see the following thread: Merge Origin Accounts

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (4,305 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I created an account for my son and have the same problem.  I can login to the Origin client and play his game registered to his new account but there is no friends list or account management link to do anything with the account itself.  I cannot login to any Origin website since no email address is assigned and it claims to not find his username that the Origin client accepts without problem.

I cannot believe EA has such a crappy account system when Sony and Microsoft are able to keep accounts straight (including sub-accounts) without many problems.

Message 2 of 7 (3,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

is there a solution yet?

Message 3 of 7 (3,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does somebody have the solutions i have exactly the same problem.

Message 4 of 7 (3,748 Views)

Hero (Retired)

[HOW TO] Update your email address or security question

Merge Origin Accounts

If you are looking to merge two Origin accounts together, you will need to contact an EA Game Advisor for assistance, however please do note that some limitations may apply.

• Certain titles / previous purchases may not be able to be transferred.
  • Some cloud saves may not transfer.
  • Some game leaderboard stats may not transfer.

For further instructions and information on this process, please see the following thread: Merge Origin Accounts

Message 5 of 7 (4,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any solution to this ? My daughter would like to purchase a Sims3 extension, but her account does not have an email, so no online login is possible as far as I know...

Message 6 of 7 (2,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can it be possible that you cant open an Origin account nor EA-account for the child aged 13??? So in other words you can not buy games or anything via internet? 

Message 7 of 7 (1,176 Views)