Re: Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

by djkonflikt713

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Currently going through all this myself (XBL gamertag linked to an old defunct ISP provided email and trying to get it linked to my current Origin account). What an absolute nightmare. Reading through this topic has not given me much hope for a succesful resolution.

Message 41 of 105 (5,635 Views)

Re: Gamertag

★★★ Newbie

i go there and how do i get ahold of a game advisor 

Message 42 of 105 (5,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HORRIBLE SUPPORT. NEVER BUYING EA GAMES AGAIN! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO HAVE JUST ONE BUTTON THAT SAYS "UNLINK"?

Message 43 of 105 (5,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Live chat is a waste of time. i cant believe just how bad EA's customer service actually is!

My PSN ID got connected to an account that doesn't have a real email address, all i wanted was to have the account unlinked or Transferred.

My first advisor told me to just add this other account as a friend on my own origin account.... No help at all.

My second advisor apparently Permanently deleted the account my ID needed transferring from because it would solve the problem.

My Third Advisor told me that my PSN ID couldn't be transferred because it was attached to a disabled account (not deleted like the previous had given me a disclaimer about), also if i transferred my ID it would break my Game leaving it unplayable. After an hour of talking my PSN ID has supposedly been transferred but I'm really not confident that its true.

This experience has really put me off all EA titles, i wouldn't recommend an EA game no matter how good it was.

Message 44 of 105 (5,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Having similar problems as fallenmage.

I contacted an advisor and told them I'd like to unlink my old psn I haven't used in years to put my new one on.

At first, they said it was impossible because it would "break my game." I noted that the psn hasn't been used for any game. All my games have been played by pc.

They then told me to "wait a moment" as they were contacting support because they lacked the ability to press that magical unlink button.

I waited another ten minutes or so to be told "No psn account will EVER be unlinked or removed. I didn't fight the response because I ha things I had to do, but the entire situation is complete bull. There is no content that should break with the removal of an unused psn account. I was planning on trying again later when I had the time to fight it, but the other replies make it seem dountful I'll get my simple request.

Thanks EA for being either lazy or utterly cryptic on why you won't let me do this.
Message 45 of 105 (4,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA, your advisors are unhelpful and can barely stitch one single english word together, forcing your costumers to contact them over something as simple as unlinking your psn account/gamertag is cruel and inhuman.

Message 46 of 105 (4,926 Views)

★★ Novice

I like how i can revoke access to my Xbox One, but not my Xbox 360... It's the same gamer tag!

Non of the chat links or help links or honestly ANY of the links that have been posted here, or anywhere, even work. It takes me to a blank page.

I need to unlink my gamertage from an old Origin account, to the one I actually use. I have the passwords for both, and can log into both, but I think it's dumb that I can't unlink them with that much access, Even with all the secuirity questions!

I don't care that it wipes games and purchases on the gamertag, because I don't have anything I care that much about linked to that gamer tag. Everything is linked to the current Origin account.

Now, could somebody please post the flippen phone number or something because every time I go to "contact us" or anything associated with the help page, I get a blank page.

Message 47 of 105 (4,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is there zero traffic here from EA? This is unreal.

All I want to do is unlink my PSN/XBL from an origin account I don't use, and link them to my current  one without being told "Oh BTW we might lose all the **bleep** you bought forever and not be able to help youi after."

Message 48 of 105 (4,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Come on EA make it easier for us all. Would love to play BF HARDLINE on my ps4. Still can't unlink my account without jumping through unnecessary hoops for your entertainment. 

I'm sure your ok with this and can afford to lose more sales, i'm sure of it.

Message 49 of 105 (4,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They unlinked my PSN so that I could link another one, and they did it with no problem! I will say though, you'll lose game progress on whichever PSN account is linked to Origin. That wasn't a problem for me though, because the PSN orignally linked to Origin was one I didn't use. Also, after talking to support, they gave me a 15% off coupon for future purchases as well as The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free!

Message 50 of 105 (4,663 Views)