Unlink PSN account/gamertag

by SMUanders

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unlink PSN account/gamertag

★★★ Newbie

Unlink PSN account

I can´t log in to Fifa, cause my PSN account is linked to my daughters EA account.

I made a new EA account and would like to move my gamertag to that account.

I tryid EVERYTHING

Please help

I can´t get in touch through chat in any language so i hope i can reach you, through here.

Message 1 of 9 (1,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlink PSN account/gamertag

Community Manager

Hi @SMUanders

I'm afraid that we aren't able to assist with account-related issues here on Answers HQ. The EA Help team would need to pull up your account and see if that's something they could help with. 

We have more info on how to get in touch with them over at the EA Help website. You can also contact them over Twitter or Facebook as well, if you'd prefer. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,723 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @SMUanders

I'm afraid that we aren't able to assist with account-related issues here on Answers HQ. The EA Help team would need to pull up your account and see if that's something they could help with. 

We have more info on how to get in touch with them over at the EA Help website. You can also contact them over Twitter or Facebook as well, if you'd prefer. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Kent,

I'm having a similar problem. My EA account is connected to a PSN that doesn't belong to me, and I'd like to connect my own PSN to my EA account. Similarly, the owner of the PSN would like to connect their PSN to their EA account. We've both tried contacting EA advisors but they were not helpful. Suggested next steps?

Much appreciated.

Matt

Message 3 of 9 (1,593 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Prieur100

That's something the EA Help team would need to look into, I'm afraid. Unfortunately we don't have a way to assist with that sort of account request here on AHQ. 

That said, if the EA Help team says it wouldn't be possible, I'm afraid it may not be something they're able to do for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same basic problem. However, I cannot contact an advisor as it doesn't give any option to email or speak with someone. It only directs you to the online account manager.

I need to move my PSN from this account, to my real account as this one was auto created by PSN when I started playing Fallen Order.

Message 5 of 9 (1,354 Views)

Community Manager

@mtschreiber 

Moving your PSN ID from one EA Account to another is something called a persona transfer. The EA Help team may be able to do that for you, but there are some risks involved in the process. When you have a chance I'd recommend reading through the article on persona transfers over at the EA Help website for more details. 

If it is something you would still like to look into, the EA Help team would need to pull up your account and see if it would be possible. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to assist with account issues like this here on Answers HQ. 

At the moment we do have some limitations to our support options because of the ongoing global situation. For more info on the current support options check out the following post: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946

If you're not seeing the option to speak with EA Help via live chat it might be outside the available support hours for your area. If you prefer, you could also speak with the EA Help team via Facebook or Twitter as well. The team who works on those channels can help out with a lot of account issues. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue and there is not way to contact EA support team. I see a message that due to Covid-19 some channels are closed, but there is no way to see the option for live chat, e-mail or whatever. I keep going in loops through EA pages.

Is there a way to provide a suitable email address to contact EA's support?

Message 7 of 9 (1,090 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KikoSuarez

I'm afraid there isn't a support email address. To set up a case you would need to go through the EA Help website. If you're unable to see an option to contact them it may be because there are no advisors available at the time you were trying to create a case. 

I've also seen some cases where cached browser data can cause some issues with the EA Help website. Clearing out your browser data might help with getting a case created as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Somehow my ex's PSN ended up on my account. Didn't give permission for it and didn't even know till today when I joined the PS4 family. I've always been a PC gamer for the most part and didn't even know there was a Playstation Account login or anything when I made this account to play Sims on my computer. Today when I tried to link to the EA Account it showed me who was attached and yeah... I was able to contact the help live chat thing... and got a very accusatory sounding conversation of them trying to say I was sharing my account which was not the case and no matter how many times I repeated that I did not give permission for this or was sharing the account they kept coming back to that. Told me my account was created with that PSN which is absolutely not true as the account was created to play the sims on PC. When I asked to talk to someone higher up the ladder they disconnected me. 

I also used a different email I have to create a new account with EA Games and NOWHERE in the set up process does it even bring up the PSN anything.

So yeah most of the advice given on here for this is saying talk to customer support.... what do I do now that they have done absolutely nothing except accuse me of sharing my account and give me information that is impossible as to how my account was created. Don't care what the files may say that is 100000% not how it was created and I would have never used my ex's user name to do it I would have used my own. 

Message 9 of 9 (701 Views)