Re: Unfriend Issue

by NameGani

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unfriend Issue

★ Guide

My friend's list is filled with contacts I have no idea who they are any more and would like to clear the list up.

It looks simple enough, use the three dots on the right of the user name for the drop down, or right click to get the same drop down menu, hit unfriend.  Then... nothing.  No confirmation messages, the list doesn't shrink, just nothing.  Since I typically run invisible, I switched my status to available / online; still nothing.  None of them are online any more, though not sure that should make a difference.  I haven't tried starting a message to see if there's a way to remove friends from that; and if there is, if it works.

While I do live in the country and my internet connection is not the best, it is still, for the most part, stable.  So that should not be the root issue, either.

I have not tried to reboot then unfriend, and one of the games I play makes clearing the caches regularly a good habit to get into.

Is there something else I should be trying?

Message 1 of 4 (663 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Huh, well that's interesting.

I generally put my PC to sleep instead of straight shutting it down most nights when I go to bed and something interesting happened between then and now.

A detail I didn't think relevant when I tried to unfriend people on my list:  I had popped the friend list out of the platform yesterday so I could see at a glance if one of my friends was playing; part of the reason I decided NOW was the time to clean the list up.  This morning after waking the PC back up, the friends list was popped back into the platform.

Here's where it gets interesting.

Once I opened the platform up to pop the friends list back out, I was getting confirmation messages about the friends I tried to unfriend yesterday.  As a test, I unfriended someone else from the list and instantly got the confirmation message.  I popped the friends list out of the platform and tried to unfriend someone else, and no message, no clean up, nothing.  Popped the list back in and got the confirmation message for the request to unfriend I had made while it was popped out.

In essence, it looks like you can't unfriend someone if the friends list is popped out of the platform.  At least not right now.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (621 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @NameGani

When unfriending someone using the 3 dots a prompt should appear asking if you are sure you want to remove that person.

Have you tried reinstalling the Origin Client and making sure it's up to date?
Message 2 of 4 (643 Views)

★ Guide

Huh, well that's interesting.

I generally put my PC to sleep instead of straight shutting it down most nights when I go to bed and something interesting happened between then and now.

A detail I didn't think relevant when I tried to unfriend people on my list:  I had popped the friend list out of the platform yesterday so I could see at a glance if one of my friends was playing; part of the reason I decided NOW was the time to clean the list up.  This morning after waking the PC back up, the friends list was popped back into the platform.

Here's where it gets interesting.

Once I opened the platform up to pop the friends list back out, I was getting confirmation messages about the friends I tried to unfriend yesterday.  As a test, I unfriended someone else from the list and instantly got the confirmation message.  I popped the friends list out of the platform and tried to unfriend someone else, and no message, no clean up, nothing.  Popped the list back in and got the confirmation message for the request to unfriend I had made while it was popped out.

In essence, it looks like you can't unfriend someone if the friends list is popped out of the platform.  At least not right now.

Message 3 of 4 (622 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@NameGani That's interesting to know, certainly something to take note of for future reference. I'm glad you solved it tho and you can finally clean up your friends list Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (613 Views)