Unexplained New Logins

by Jetargon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unexplained New Logins

★★★ Newbie

I regularly receive emails from EA that are standard when you log in to a new device except I'm not even that active and they all say they are WEB logins. I have got more emails than I have ever logged into the website. After opening the emails, the abbreviated country name is always different, with a few recurring names.

I can't make this up when I say this; after checking all the emails and googling the two-letter country names, I've had logins from Cambodia, India, Indonesia, China, South Africa, Russia, Iran, Brazil, the US, Equador, Thailand, Czech Republic, Ukraine, and only Twice does the Philippines come up where I currently live and those are my logins. 

I received the first one in April this year from Thailand and my second in June from India. I rarely check emails so I ignored them. By August, I was getting them sometimes twice a week and on a few occasions, twice or three times a day, all from different areas. I want to know what the hell is going on.

A month ago I took action; I updated my already long password, added authentication from my phone, updated my security question, all that. And it STILL continued. Today I came back to update it again. Even my birthday was changed to another date. My password was unchanged however so logging in was a breeze. However, my password is already so long I've reached the character limit and I'd make it longer just to fix the problem. All I was able to do was add 1 more character. I changed my security question as well as adding an additional two questions. I have doubts about how effective it will be.

See the screenshot I provided so you can see the long list of emails and their dates. A few more emails are off-screen. I need answers. Please help. 

Message 1 of 3 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unexplained New Logins

Community Manager

It looks like people are attempting to access your account @Jetargon. The best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (311 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@Jetargon I Failed to mention that after changing my birthdate to be accurate, I noticed my location was set to Pakistan which I have since updated to the Philippines.
Message 2 of 3 (420 Views)

Community Manager

It looks like people are attempting to access your account @Jetargon. The best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)