Re: Unauthorized Login Feb 18th

by Player_jps4gmoe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unauthorized Login Feb 18th

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was just emptying my Spam folder in Gmail, and discovered that a login notice was sent there in error. I marked it as not spam, and changed the password on my account.

There weren't as many details as I would like, but here is what I got (edited out email for safety):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Sign-in on WEB

Your EA Account [edit: email address removed] was just used to sign in from WEB:

Tue Feb 19 18:36:36 GMT 2019
UA
WEB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully I don't have any games registered on this account, so all I had to do was change the password.

I do not recycle passwords, so I'm not sure how a hacker got in. I also don't know what the UA is. United Arab Emirates? I've never used an electronic device outside of the Continental US. Is there a way to region lock my account? My bank won't allow purchases outside my State without advanced notice, and I think that would be a helpful feature for any game service.

Message 1 of 4 (660 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I see on the EA profile page you can enable Login Verification, so I turned that on. Also mixed up my password a bit more for some more security.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (647 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I see on the EA profile page you can enable Login Verification, so I turned that on. Also mixed up my password a bit more for some more security.
Message 2 of 4 (648 Views)

Community Manager

@Player_jps4gmoe 

Login Verification is definitely the way to go, so I have marked your post as a solution.

UA is Ukraine.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is there a way to pin threads we find useful? I used a search string for unauthorized login to find this.

Figured it out myself, hit the … dropdown and subscribed to thread. This is a very helpful feature as my browser handles bookmarks extremely poorly.

Message 4 of 4 (593 Views)