by WGScarlet

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unauthorized Account Access

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Not sure if I'm posting this to the correct place but;

At 4:30 AM CST Aug. 20, 2018 I received an Unwarranted email to verify a login attempt/whatever may need verification.

After receiving this email I quickly went about changing my password and checking that my account info was not edited. While checking, I discovered some unknown Secondary Email Address linked to my account. I considered all of my relatoves' email addresses and the first and last letter combination it showed would not be any I know of. 

I have removed this email address from my account and placed Google Authenticator on my account. 

I have had my account breached before without indication from EA that anyone had accessed it. I was not notified a secondary email address was linked to my account. 

If anyone can instruct me on anything further I should do to prevent another breach of my account, or explain how an unauthorized person(s) was able to access my account and link an email without me receiving an email notification about it, I would be grateful.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 5 (1,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unauthorized Account Access

Community Manager

@WGScarlet

You have taken the correct steps by resetting your password and adding two factor authentication (Google Authentication) and removing the secondary email address.

Please also see the following article for information on how to maintain your account security and what security features we advise.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,054 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@WGScarlet

You have taken the correct steps by resetting your password and adding two factor authentication (Google Authentication) and removing the secondary email address.

Please also see the following article for information on how to maintain your account security and what security features we advise.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,055 Views)

★ Novice

I received an email stating someone has gained access to my account. I logged in to change the password and my security question is in another language. I managed to get it translated, but it won't accept my answer. Now what do I do?

Message 3 of 5 (858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had a similar issue - I'm regularly receiving emails with security codes to confirm access - I've had to change my password around 10 times in the last month or so because of it!! None of my information etc has been tampered, but it's so frustrating that I have to keep changing my password every few days!!!

Is there someone from EA who can advise me on what else I can do?? 

Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

Community Manager

@ShaunaBanana

Please make contact with an EA Game Advisor for assistance.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

@iGTrousersnail

Please see the above link regarding maintaining your account security.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 5 (790 Views)