Unable to update my EA Username

by tandon699

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to update my EA Username

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

As the title suggests, I am unable to update my EA username as I get the message "ID contains a prohibited word or character". That makes absolutely no sense in this case. I am looking to move from Tandon699 (which was Tandon69 previously as I was trying to see if in any case I am able to update my username) to Tandon69_Twitch and I genuinely feel that this doesn't have any prohibited word or character. Tandon is my surname, 6 and 9 are digits while Twitch is the streaming platform where I am streaming these days and adding Twitch will provide me more audience I feel.

Sad part is, I am getting the same error if I try to revert back to old ID (Tandon69, check 2nd and 3rd attachment)

When I went to EA help via chat, they were unable to help me at all with this which is why I am creating this thread here as my last hope to get my username changed. I have tried different combinations, waited 72+ hours until I can try again to update my username but nothing works. Surely this shouldn't take that much of effort just to update one username? If this genuinely comes under like prohibited word then I want to understand the reasoning behind this. 

No luck with EA Support too. Ticket Number 122494111 for reference 

Hopefully someone can assist me here. It will be appreciated 

Message 1 of 16 (1,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to update my EA Username

Community Manager

Hey @tandon699 Apologies for the delayed response, For future threads if you are trying to respond to someone specific you can use the "@" symbol plus their name to tag them. 

To confirm, we are unable to assist with account information on Answers HQ. You can try to follow the steps in our Help Article to see if updating the name is possible. 

If you run into a problem you can try to reach out to our support. If they are unable to assist with getting the name you want this could be for reasons like It is already taken by another account, or our security filter has flagged the name as inappropriate. 

If that is the case we would be unable to remove the name from another account, or manually allow a request name passed our security. We are also happy to feedback on this, but I want to set the right expectation that providing feedback does not guarantee an immediate or direct change. 

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Thanks Again!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (671 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Usually how long is the waiting time (if any) to get any response from EA support here? 

EA help redirected me here as they are unable to help me in any way. I am expecting same treatment here as well but for once, prove me wrong EA. 

Message 2 of 16 (1,018 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @tandon699 sometimes it might take a moment to have a direct reply from a Community Manager, as we do work across each board and in several threads. 

When it comes to changing your EA Persona, we don't have the ability to forcibly change it for you, or support can attempt to help but if the name is already taken or is not allowed past or security (for reasons like it being flagged as inappropriate) then we would be unable to change it to the new desired name you have. 

I would be happy to pass feedback along about your name, but for now, my recommendation would be to try a different combination of characters are additional ones and check if the name is allowed and not used. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 16 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium wrote:

Hi @tandon699 sometimes it might take a moment to have a direct reply from a Community Manager, as we do work across each board and in several threads. 

When it comes to changing your EA Persona, we don't have the ability to forcibly change it for you, or support can attempt to help but if the name is already taken or is not allowed past or security (for reasons like it being flagged as inappropriate) then we would be unable to change it to the new desired name you have. 

I would be happy to pass feedback along about your name, but for now, my recommendation would be to try a different combination of characters are additional ones and check if the name is allowed and not used. 

Thanks!

Hello @EA_Illium, First of all I appreciate you finding time to reply to this issue that I have related to updating my username. I am afraid but I have tried way too many combinations that satisfy my username needs but nothing is working and I am getting same error. I don't think any of these usernames are taken which makes this worse. I looked into the Finding Friends option and I can confirm that the username is not taken (attachment shared).

I understand that you don't have the ability to change my username but I genuinely need some support here and happt to take suggestions for username that can satisfy my requirement. I want to have Tandon69 and Twitch in my username. I won't mind any combination that allows me to have them added in my username. That is my Gamertag since Day 1 on every single platform and as I shared, adding Twitch will improve the viewership I need for long term streaming goal. So I am happy to take any suggestions from you or anyone else who can help me with this. It will be really appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 16 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Novice
@tandon699 Please do let me know what else can be done here so that I can have my username with Tandon69 and Twitch. Whatever combination works but I genuinely think there have to be some solution for this because no combination is working for me.
Message 5 of 16 (983 Views)

★★★ Novice

2-3 weeks have passed since I am facing this issue. Multiple tickets raised, have asked to try different things, got redirected to different location but the situation remains as it is. Not a single member from EA is able to assist me with this. 

Is this seriously that tough? To update my username only? I can't imagine the struggle if I had to update the username for one of my friend. Surely a $32.17B worth company can put some effort on their Help Forum and resolve such a small issue I am facing. I just want to add my gamertag Tandon69 and Twitch in my username. I have tried multiple combinations and none of them work. Surely some solution can be provided in this case guys? You can escalate this to team who can resolve this. Put some efforts for once to assist the members who are paying so much to play your games. You want your customers to treat you nicely, then atleast put some efforts to help them and resolve their queries. 

I need some solution here. I want my username to be Tandon69_Twitch or anything that can have Tandon69 and Twitch in any combination. I don't think this contains any prohibited word and it is already used by someone. Please find some solution here for me. What else do you want from me so that this can be resolved? I have shared every single possible detail here with all the necessary screenshots.

Thank You!  

Message 6 of 16 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

We wait for another week to get some solution regarding this. Thanks EA Standard smile

Message 7 of 16 (867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another week passed and still no help from EA to resolve this. Classic EA support Standard smile 

Message 8 of 16 (808 Views)

★★★ Novice

We wait another week from EA for support. I must say they have been extremely helpful to their customers who face any issue on their platform.

I hope there will be a time when EA support will ask us for their support and we will get the chance to repay. Standard smile

Message 9 of 16 (696 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tandon699 Apologies for the delayed response, For future threads if you are trying to respond to someone specific you can use the "@" symbol plus their name to tag them. 

To confirm, we are unable to assist with account information on Answers HQ. You can try to follow the steps in our Help Article to see if updating the name is possible. 

If you run into a problem you can try to reach out to our support. If they are unable to assist with getting the name you want this could be for reasons like It is already taken by another account, or our security filter has flagged the name as inappropriate. 

If that is the case we would be unable to remove the name from another account, or manually allow a request name passed our security. We are also happy to feedback on this, but I want to set the right expectation that providing feedback does not guarantee an immediate or direct change. 

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Thanks Again!

Illium.png

Message 10 of 16 (672 Views)