Re: Unable to update Origin

by yahel_1

Original Post

Unable to update Origin

★★★ Newbie

I first started having trouble when I tried to play Battlefield Hardline, it told me Origin wasnt installed (although it clearly was). So I used CCcleaner to completely uninstall origin, did a clean boot, disable Windows Firewall and AVG, and reinstalled Origin. Now when I try to open it, it says "Your update could not be completed" and tells me to download the latest version and gives me a link. When I click that link, it gives me the following error on the webpage: 

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>F9B88E122FDE1439</RequestId>
<HostId>
ZQLoocp1VJbVkipIaqcpGNNDnEOSFOopsr5xipd0/3KaHbqrCgfhkDa7/JuOjaZi7g
</HostId>
</Error>"

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

Re: Unable to update Origin

★★★★★ Expert

The first step, go to in Origin>Application Settings>Origin Beta Participation-tick-Update to the beta version when available.

And checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)