Re: Unable to start Sims 4

by HeavensPhoenix94

Original Post

Unable to start Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have had and played my Sims 4 for several days now and today it isnt starting or doing anything when I press the desktop icon,

or when I try to start through "my games" through Orign. Wont even let me press start through Origin.

I have tried restarting my computer several times, no luck.

Message 1 of 8 (452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same problem I've even uninstalled and reinstalled and its the same its now been a week 

Message 2 of 8 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I go into origin, then to my games and my sims 4 was not there....it said origin set up, clicked it and it said location of my game had been lost.  tried to update shortcut, but didn't work, was asked to put in code, but code was already used.

PLEASE help

Message 3 of 8 (398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

u tried setting your computer to an earlier date. I not got this issue but my in game feature wont work when pressing shift and f1

Message 4 of 8 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  Worked perfectly fine yesterday and last night.  Wanted to play this morning and nothing.  I've restarted my computer twice thinking it was an issue on my end but clearly it is not. 

Message 5 of 8 (386 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
  8. Right click the Sims 4 game tile and select 'Repair Game' or 'Check for Updates'
Message 6 of 8 (379 Views)

★ Novice

First game I buy on Origin, even though I've been told before by others not to as EA are the worst company for taking responsibility for their failures in patches and low and behold within 2 days of getting it my Kids can't play it because the game has been corrupted through a dodgy patch. I'm not spending all my time uninstalling, re-installing every update nor am I downloading a third party program that EA recommends but takes no responsibility (an EA trait) if it messes up my PC. I'll be demanding a refund through the proper channels. Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 8 (360 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to play Sims up until Origin tried to do an update three days ago. Then I later on that day had come back, and opened my laptop to a notification saying "Sims 4 is ready to play!". I try to open Sims, it loads to the logo screen, then when the screen is loading the main menu page (Is the loading plumbob), it freezes, the window gets black bars on the sides, and it never loads. Says "Not responding". I have to force close it. Same problem the fourth try. I'm so sick and tired of having issue after issue with Sims 4 crashing, or not working, or not updating because Origin won't work properly. I had to go through and manually remove Origin completely from my laptop, re-install it, and wait three hours for Sims 4 to re-download and install again not too long ago. I do use CC, I don't use any mods, but I get 95% of my CC from thesimsresource.com, and haven't had ANY issues with their sims4 content. I had to weed out a few faulty CCs, but those were all from other sites, not TSR. Honestly, I'm getting really annoyed, and about ready to say f*** it to playing anymore. I love The Sims 4 (I haven't ever played a Sims game before 4), and while I play all the DA games on PS3 and PS4, I love them as well. I do think EA is a great company, and they usually do pretty well. I trust them. They've gotta be busy with so many people having problems with their games and other such things. I just wish they could manage to get their download manager and Sims 4 updates on the same page, so to speak. Frown

Message 8 of 8 (351 Views)