Re: Unable to remove blocked user

by XyIlv

Original Post

Unable to remove blocked user

★ Guide

I have a user with no display name that I can't remove from the Privacy Settings tab of https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/privacy/index

(Re-posting in appropriate forum)

I have attached 2 screenshots to this post. One from this account with the problem and one from an account with no blocked players.

You can see in one screenshot I have a highlighted line with the word Remove on this account. The other account has no blocked users and nothing to remove.

Clicking Remove does not work.

I have tried this in Edge, Firefox and Chrome and via mobile phone browser.

When viewing the page source I can see:

<div class="center_left">
<div class="center_right" id="blockedUsers">

<dl class="gbselect">
<dd class="fleft"><span></span></dd>
<dd class="fright"><a href="javascript&colon;void(0);" class="removeblocklink"
id="<0000000000>">Remove</a></dd>
<dd class="clear"></dd>
</dl>

</div>

I have removed the actual users ID number and replaced it with 0000000000.

It appears I have an account blocked with no 'display name' (should be between the span tags).

I am able to add and remove new blocked users, just not the one with no display name.

EA chat support unable to help.

I'm unable to play Apex Legends as my game hard crashes to desktop. I have spoken directly with the developers who have identified the blocked user is likely the issue causing my game to crash.

Any help please?

Message 1 of 8 (798 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hi @XyIlv

That’s a strange bug, I assume the account has been deleted or permanently banned for the name not to show.

We can’t really offer much help here in relation to account issues. Have you tried to see if it’s possible to remove them via the Origin or EA Desktop clients, from the friends list etc?
Message 2 of 8 (767 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure why not having the display name means the Remove option won't work.

I don't see an option in the Origin desktop client for blocked users. I do see Friends. Is there one?

In the EA desktop I see this:

Blocked players

View and manage the players you’ve blocked on EA Desktop.

You haven’t blocked anyone

Clicking Manage just takes me to the webpage in my post.

Message 3 of 8 (764 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@XyIlv
I wasn’t sure about the Origin client, I couldn’t remember if you could access your blocked list from it.

I find it odd that a blocked person can affect your game in terms of crashing etc, have you tried other games?
If it’s just Apex are you able to reach the menus/settings before it crashes and remove blocked people etc if that’s even an option?

Message 4 of 8 (753 Views)

★ Guide

I don't play any other EA games. The Apex Legends developers have had log files from my game and determined this is likely the issue and have a probable fix in upcoming patch.

Apex Legends currently has multiple logon issues, mine just seems 'rare'.

The issue that I can't remove the user is still an issue that EA should hopefully investigate.

Out of interest I tried launching Apex Legends from EA Desktop but same issue occurs - my game had crashes before I can click anything (does this via Steam also).

Message 5 of 8 (746 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@XyIlv
Hmm I’m pretty stumped tbh, I think this an issue that EA will have to sort out from there side and not something we can do from our account.
I can only suggest to keep at em until they do something. Sorry I can’t be of much use but I will keep looking into it and let you know if anything comes up.
Message 6 of 8 (742 Views)

★ Guide
@CarbonCarl Yep it definitely seems like an EA developer issue to resolve. Thank you for your replies Standard smile
Message 7 of 8 (739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is there a trial or Free to Play game on Origin for PC that shares a block list with your EA account?

This would let me try removing the 'unknown' user not using the website.

Message 8 of 8 (549 Views)