Re: Unable to purchase gift

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to purchase gift

★ Novice

"Your action cannot be processed
That didn't work, let's try again. If the problem persists you may want to use a different payment method or try again later." When trying to gift Apex Legends Lifeline edition. I've tried with the app, the website, paypal, and my debit card. I was able to accidentally purchase it for myself (and can't return it), so I know the payment method works.

Message 1 of 5 (819 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @thetruedank if you are seeing this error in the Origin app then can you try it on origin.com to see if you see the same issue.

Generally the issue can be as simple as a network issue or an issue with bank/card issuer that is fixed by giving it time.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (778 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @thetruedank if you are seeing this error in the Origin app then can you try it on origin.com to see if you see the same issue.

Generally the issue can be as simple as a network issue or an issue with bank/card issuer that is fixed by giving it time.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (779 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I’ve tried app and website. I’ve tried multiple cards and PayPal, I’ve contacted my bank and they’re not even seeing the attempted purchase, but I’ve been able to buy the product for my personal account. Somethings definitely wrong on origins end and hasn’t been resolved in the last 4 days I’ve been trying and contacting support they seem unwilling to even admit there’s an issue unfortunately. I’ve talked to them for probably 6 hours total on 3 different times and they always try to deflect responsibility.
Message 3 of 5 (715 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @thetruedank generally, if this was an issue with Origin then we would be flooded with posts relating to it. I'm not seeing any so that would point to this being a system issue. 

When you spoke with our live support team, did they make any suggestions for steps to try?

Are you and your friend located in the same country?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey I had the same problem as well. Just posted in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-Purchase-Gift-Apex-Legends-Lifeline-Edition/m-p...

I have tried all the steps you suggested, but nothing has worked either. The live team redirected me to the forums, and yes my friend and I are located in the same country.

Message 5 of 5 (621 Views)