Unable to play any EA game on my PC and Origin is not launching properly

by Adahlia1

Original Post

Re: Unable to play any EA game on my PC and Origin is not launching properly

★★★ Novice

All my other games not requiring Origin works fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin but that did not solve the problem. I restarted the PC each time.

This is a mystery!!

Message 11 of 17 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well I've tried everything: all the advice from you I've repeated , uninstall and reinstall the games and reinstall Origin several times,

Origin on boot up gives me the message that Origin has encountered a problem and must restart. 

This is strange that it happens only to Origin games.

I notice other Origin users and game players are complaining about the same problem.

Message 12 of 17 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @Adahlia1,

Do you want to try shock therapy?

Try to do a clean boot https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

Completely log out and close down Origin
Close the services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe & OriginClientService.exe).
Delete all files in "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"
and "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

Now, open control panel, uninstall a program under programs, select Origin and uninstall

Hold down the Windows key and R
Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
If there is an Origin folder open it.
Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
Hold down the Windows key and R
Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. If there is an Origin folder, delete it.
Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
Open the Local folder here
If there is an Origin folder, delete it.

Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall. You can download new copies here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

Restart the computer

Then run CCleaner http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/ (the idea is to get rid of any reference to Origin in the registry and also resolve conflicts you might not be aware as well as clearing unneeded files which might be undermining your system)

Then go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin -delete this Origin folder if it exists

Now you have to go to your recycle bin and flush it so Origin no longer exists as a file.

Then delete temporary files on your pc (do this by opening the control panel, select system, select storage, select temporary files, make sure you select only temporary files and internet temporary files and click remove files on the top of the list) and restart your machine.

Finally, install Origin as administrator https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Restart again with a clean boot

Open Origin and see how it is going

Restart normally and see if it's still working well, if not, you have something in your boot sequence which is conflicting with Origin, for sure.

Message 13 of 17 (609 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK here is the latest after performing your recommendations twice.

Origin is now opening without any error message.

FIFA 18 is still unplayable.

When I downloaded and attempted to install both MS Visual x86 and X64. I was only able to install x64. I got a message saying that another version of x86 was installed. 

I only saw a 2017 version.

At the step in your instruction to delete both x86 and x64, I saw only x64 in the control panel.

I hope that is helpful in finding a solution.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 17 (506 Views)

★★ Guide
Hi @Adahlia1 but you uninstalled the x86? Fifa 18 has some history with MS Visual C++ but if you uninstall both versions and reinstall both versions it should have done the trick... Well, at least the Origin client is now up and running.

Also, Fifa 18 was unplayable both with the clean boot and with the normal boot? We could always start the process by first uninstalling Fifa 18 and then do everything and finally reinstall Fifa 18.
Message 15 of 17 (479 Views)

★★ Guide
Though it would be overkill because most of the things were there to clean Origin completely... but... it wouldn't hurt and Fifa would be installed with a cleaned Origin client.
Message 16 of 17 (478 Views)

★★★ Novice

We followed your recommended procedure several times - myself and my wife ( both computer literate) but the problem remains.

I've attached an error file for your review. Please let me know if you are able to view the errors in the file.

Message 17 of 17 (344 Views)