Re: Unable to log in to Origin Launcher

by coopermoe1

Original Post

Unable to log in to Origin Launcher

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I recently reactiviated my Origin account after being inactive for well over 6 months. I am able to log in to my account through either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and view all my games and profile details.

However when I download the Origin Launcher to play/install my games, it comes up with an error telling me "you must be online when logging in for the first time."

1. I have checked my firewall settings for windows 7 and for my anti virus software to ensure neither of them are blocking it.
  2. I have logged in to my account online and the run the Origin launcher, hoping that's what it meant, still the same message appears.
  3. I have uninstalled all the software relating to origin, restarted my computer and redownloaded the installer again - with still the same error.
  4. Finally I reset my password, in case there was an error with my password/my account was blocked, and still the same message occurs.

This is truly quite frustrating and I am losing paitence with Origin and wishing I had never purchased any games with EA - since I cannot access them or play them any more.

Please help!

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
Message 2 of 3 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I followed these steps you send through and got the following two errors.

When I ran the Origin Launcher as Adminstrator (and without administrator rights) the launcher had a message across the top in the orange header say "Origin login is currently unavailable."

I rechecked all of my firewalls to make sure Origin was not being blocked, and checked my internet connection to ensure it was online and running correctly.

So I put my password in again any way, to see if it would work, and a new error appeared at the top of the page. The orange header turned red, and the new message read - "You must be online when logging in for the first tme."

So I opened up my web browser, mozilla firefox, and went to the origin web site and logged in. I was granted access straight away. When I went back and closed the launcher and reopened it. I tried again, with the same red header appearing the same message at the top - "You must be online when logging in for the first tme."

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin -  Done
  2. Run CCleaner  - downloaded free version and ran it -  Done
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot   -  Done
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify  -  Done
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client  -  Done
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports  -  Done
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator  -  Done

Thank you for trying to help, do you have any other ideas on how we might solve this issue?

Message 3 of 3 (336 Views)