Unable to install-Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission.

by JDM2000K

Original Post

Re: Unable to install-Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permissi

★ Novice
@SlicerJen Nice ma friend, you are the best!
Message 11 of 23 (2,057 Views)

Re: Unable to install-Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permissi

★★★ Newbie

OMG, this worked. You are my savior!

But why, WHY this is still a problem in 2019, no actually its almost 2020 !!

Message 12 of 23 (2,043 Views)

★ Novice

I've been searching for a solution to this for almost a month and this one worked like a charm! Thanks a mill!

Message 13 of 23 (1,946 Views)

★ Novice

this worked for me, though it's sad that we have to do these extra steps to play games we purchased it's almost like onece they get our money they don't care if we even get our games

Message 14 of 23 (1,917 Views)

★ Novice
@VRaverna I got stuck on the same issue for three hours! Searched everywhere for solutions and tried everything from hard uninstall, configuring the firewall, running origin as administrator, to clearing the registry and nothing worked. Your Solution worked right away! Thank you very much! EA should get this fixed ASAP! The level of indifference to users' experience is not tolerable. This issue has been plaguing the users for years now.
Thanks again!
Message 15 of 23 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked for me, I disabled all non-windows services and it started downloading battlefront 2 updates. Do I need to Reenable these services after the download?

Message 16 of 23 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Worked for me, @SlicerJen thanks for your help!

Message 17 of 23 (1,710 Views)

★★ Novice
the best fix for them is to switch to the Steam, which is just works.

To try all the things, like safe boot, remove items from bootlist, reinstall antivirus so on, takes time. E.g you planned to play for 1-2 hours, and then you waste this 1-2 hours on attempt to launch it. We waste time for things, which just have to work out of box and we pay for it.

For me the best fix was a request of refund. Thx, that at least support works well. Then, remove all payment methods from origin and stop to use it. In edge cases PS4 can be used to avoid constant problems on windows with EA products. If more people will do it like this, then either they fix product or will stop to implement it and close it.
Message 18 of 23 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much!!!

Message 19 of 23 (1,447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SlicerJen Thank you so much mate, i had this problem for weeks and i didn't know why i couldn't solve it, made all of that cache thing cleaning etc and it didn't work. You are a god <3
Message 20 of 23 (1,371 Views)