Re: Unable to install-Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permissi

by DawnWispy

Original Post

Re: Unable to install-Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permissi

★★★★★ Newbie

still happening but that fix still works

thanks

Message 21 of 23 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think this is the smartest solution. You are basically disabling all other services from other programs and that smells like a big chunk of problems waiting down the line. And since this is such a quck fix, you propably forgot by the time you run into problems that you disabled services.

However based on your answer I was able to pinpoint another, possibly safer solution. It definetly has to do with the Origin client service.

Hit windows key and type "Services".

Now look for "Origin Client Service" and double click it.

Set startup type to "Automatic".

After that I got the missing prompt of Windows asking me for permission and Origin started downloading Apex.

If anyone tries this solution, please let the community know if it worked for you. Thanks!

Message 22 of 23 (898 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks brother....you gave the simple and effective answer...it worked for me  :D LOVE you

Message 23 of 23 (883 Views)