Unable to download sims 4 get famous

by zoebrownley

Original Post

Unable to download sims 4 get famous

★★ Novice

Hi 

I had pre ordered the sims 4 get famous and I received the product code from CD keys today. I redeemed the voucher and started to download the game but it stopped and said there was an error and to check my internet connection which was fine.

I am now stuck as it says I have unlocked the game but I can’t find a download option anywhere. I can see the new world on the game but it’s not accessible and says warning something went wrong check back later. 

I spoke to two advisors that got me to delete various files but nothing in the end the advisor said because I’m in the UK to check tomorrow cos the release date is the 16th for UK but origin and game says the 15th? 

Im worries I’ve been fobbed off. Can anyone help or tell me if they are having same problem in UK? 

Thanks zoe 

Message 1 of 26 (3,586 Views)

Re: Unable to download sims 4 get famous

★ Novice
Hi Zoe
I have the exact same problem, lets hope its downloaded by Friday!!
Im in the Uk and pre ordered mine from CD Keys as well, its in the sims 4 game and says that I own the game but went into car and it says no content down loaded?
I updated my game as well this week for the new terrain patch so its not that!!

Come on EA you have our money let us game for crying out loud!

Thedogwhodoes.X
Message 2 of 26 (3,564 Views)

★ Novice
CAS not car!
Message 3 of 26 (3,560 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s so annoying! Just want to play haha 

since posting this I found another thread of people with the same issue 

at least we are not alone and should be able to play tomorrow 

Message 4 of 26 (3,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, I also have the same problem, I started downloading the game but it stopped and said that there was an error, I hope we find a solution quickly.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Message 5 of 26 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had same issue! i bought through origin. I will be pissed off if the UK release is the 16th! As Its after 12pm in america at the moment and its not been release on origin... has america got it a day early? or is it midnight 15/11 for them so early morning 16th for us? if so false advertising - I've even repaired the game and nothing.
Message 6 of 26 (3,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem too, and I'm in the US!! It says I've unlocked it but there is no where for me to click download.

Message 7 of 26 (3,443 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Running into the same thing.  Had Get Famous pre-ordered, says it's unlocked, but it's not downloading/installing.

Message 8 of 26 (3,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same thing happen with past pre-orders of Sims 4 expansions through Origins. It'll show that you have the game and that it'll be accessible the day before the official release (ie Nov 15, 2018) but wont let you download the game manual. Usually Origins will automatically download the expansion after 9pm. That's what happen for me in the past anyway. Hope this helps. (I'm in the USA by the way so it might be different in other countries.) 

Message 9 of 26 (3,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It helped me although I’m extremely frustrated with EA still for making it that way

Message 10 of 26 (3,047 Views)